Cecal Worms - treatment question

Dosage for safeguard liquid goat wormer is .23ml per pound. Get an average weight of your birds and dose accordingly.

Have someone firmly hold the hen for you. Take your preloaded syringe in one hand, and with your free hand use your thumb and finger to pull DOWN on the wattles and her mouth will open. Quickly shoot the liquid in her mouth and immediately release her wattles so she can swallow the liquid on her own. Shoot only 1/2ml in her mouth at a time to prevent aspiration.
Once you've dosed her, release the hen to go about her business. Then get another hen and repeat dosing procedure.
It's best and easiest to worm birds before sunrise when it's still dark. Just snatch a bird off the roost and proceed to worm her. Also, the wormer is more effective before the birds have eaten in the morning. Your birds will be hungry, so will the worms...feed them the wormer, it'll kill the worms for sure.
I wanted to say thank you! We weighed the birds last night then dosed them first thing just like you said. Honestly weighing them was the hardest part lol. Dosing them was actually super easy and not nearly what I was making it to be in my head.

Two follow up questions:
1. is it normal to see dead worms in the poop after treatment?
2. Do I repeat this process in 10-14 days? That may have already been answered but I must have missed it.

THANK YOU AGAIN!!! :wee

Back
Top Bottom