Celadon Hatch. Day 17. Can't stop watching... Very Nervous...

Here is another type of movement you should see...
this one has actually already made the internal pip and just made the external pip...the crack.
Also remember you must candle in a very dark room or closet. It makes a huge difference being in a dark room.

So I candled the last 14 eggs and I'm sad to sad that only 1 showed any kind of movement inside. 😔 Most you could see something dark and an air sac but nothing moving. I'm kind of sad. We left them all in... but really only think that 1 might make it now.

So I candled the last 14 eggs and I'm sad to sad that only 1 showed any kind of movement inside. 😔 Most you could see something dark and an air sac but nothing moving. I'm kind of sad. We left them all in... but really only think that 1 might make it now.
That stinks but you never know...Don't put them in water, just leave them alone for a day or two and see if anything happens.

How's it going?
Nothing new to report yet. The one "alive" one left in the incubator hasn't pipped yet... which makes me think it won't. We're now headed into day 20.

I'm trying to decide if I should buy more and try again or wait to breed the ones that lived and try again. It's kind of now or August because we have a busy summer and I want to be there personally to manage the incubator and brooder situation.

Nothing new to report yet. The one "alive" one left in the incubator hasn't pipped yet... which makes me think it won't. We're now headed into day 20.

I'm trying to decide if I should buy more and try again or wait to breed the ones that lived and try again. It's kind of now or August because we have a busy summer and I want to be there personally to manage the incubator and brooder situation.
I would wait.
Make sure your girls are laying blue first.

Well.... we did a major "Oops".
We candled the other day and thought they were all dead. Tonight my husband decided to do an "eggtopsy" and the first few were just yokes..... but then he cracked an ALIVE chick 😢😭
It looked almost ready to hatch too. It only stayed alive for a few minutes but I am so sad. I made him turn the incubator back on.... just in case. I guess we just wait it out.... I feel terrible.

Don't fret too much over it. Even if it did hatch, it might have been hard for it to catch up to the others. These birds mature fast and they're relentless when it comes to pecking order. For me, this has been one of the hardest lessons about raising quail.

Back
Top Bottom