CELADON QUAIL??????!!!!!!!!

CoCovey

Chirping
Jul 11, 2023
Hi all, sorry I haven’t been online for a while, I have been pretty busy. My sister went outside to collect the eggs and found an egg that she claimed was green. I took a look and sure enough it’s a bluish green egg. I am ecstatic. If this is a celadon quail I will be beyond happy. Unfortunately I don’t know who is laying the eggs so I’ll have to figure that out. Here is a photo:

By the way I am in Australia so this could be amazing news if it’s the case

Attachments

• IMG_2091.jpeg
    IMG_2091.jpeg
    451.6 KB · Views: 44
Hi all, sorry I haven’t been online for a while, I have been pretty busy. My sister went outside to collect the eggs and found an egg that she claimed was green. I took a look and sure enough it’s a bluish green egg. I am ecstatic. If this is a celadon quail I will be beyond happy. Unfortunately I don’t know who is laying the eggs so I’ll have to figure that out. Here is a photo:

By the way I am in Australia so this could be amazing news if it’s the case
Tbh it looks kinda like the bloom is weird on it.

Do you have any that have never layed before?

I have 2 new hens that could either be from me OR a breeder who has celadon quail. I think one has layer but I’m not sure about the other. I’m moving a hen to another pen to see if it’s her lays the blue egg

I have another question and it is slightly different but do pharaoh hens become darker as they age? I have one older hen that is really brown and one much younger hen that is almost grey I’ll show some photos

IMG_0642.jpeg

IMG_2004.jpeg

Her back is much greyer but she doesn’t sit still for long. I had to put her in a tree to get a still photo. Apparently quail don’t like sitting in trees 😂

View attachment 3710000
View attachment 3710001
Her back is much greyer but she doesn’t sit still for long. I had to put her in a tree to get a still photo. Apparently quail don’t like sitting in trees 😂
We she is beautiful. I can not answer that question sorry I’ve only ever had one pharaoh and she died at 6 weeks due to flushing. But I have heard they can change after thier molt.

Back
Top Bottom