CENTRAL FL SWAP MEET!!!!! See post #720 for new thread

KellyHM

Crowing
11 Years
Sep 10, 2008
Lakeland, FL
Ok, I have been talking to a lot of people on here from central Florida and I think we should have a swap meet!
clap.gif
It will be for chickens/chicks and eggs (& other poultry if people want).

I'm willing to organize it and we can even have it at my house. I have an acre, so there will be room to show off our chickens. I live between Gainesville and Archer.

I was thinking of having it in early-mid November. Please let me know if you're interested in attending and if a Saturday or Sunday will work better for you so that we can set a date! Hope to hear from lots of people!!
fl.gif

Last edited:
Hi Kelly,
Sounds like a lot of fun. Just a reminder for planning purposes. There is a poultry show on November 15th in Inverness, some of us will tied up there.

But I would love to come, if I can.

Lisa
smile.png

Hey Kelly,
You know I'm there. BTW, the new babies are all tucked in, or should I say the 2 babies are TUCKED under the 5wk silkie??!! What the heck??! I knew the Silkies were motherly and all, but at such a young age? I mean, she got downright MAD when I put them in with the new Serama.
So, I nicely set them in a rubbermaid w/ her (and a quickie homemade nesting box) and she instantly tucked them under her little chest! Adorable. I just hope she learns that I'm THE MAMMA!
love.gif

Anyway...I'm open beginning of Nov. or the 16th, if we can get people up to Alachua County the day after the Inverness show...?

~4kidZ

Glad you reminded me about the Inverness show! Would Nov. 22 work for people? That's the Saturday before Thanksgiving, so I don't know if that would mess up plans or not. Let me know what you think!

4kidZ - good to hear that everyone has settled in quickly! I couldn't believe that she wanted to "adopt" those little guys either...so cute!

Back
Top Bottom