Central Florida Poultry Swap & Holiday Bazaar Dec 4th In Ocala

I am feeling much better but DH is still pretty down. See you Sat!!! I may be bringing a friend who is really crafty.

Last edited:
Just think Lake City last January and this Saturday will feel like a heat wave.
We should be having a really great turn out. Having people call every day asking about it and also many wanting to sell.
We have been busy getting things ready along with doing some added stuff.
We will be releasing our first run addition of our new coloring book "Twas The Night Before Christmas, The Hen House Version".
We will also be introducing our new product, the "Biddy Block". A smaller version of a flock block that works great for smaller backyard flocks. Our birds have been loving all the rejects.
My wife also has some new craft projects she will be offering.

What is a biddy block (or flock block)?
Oh, Lake City was just so cold last year. That was Horrible! Snow flurries and all and people falling out on the ice in the parking lot. I don't think they ever had to keep those doors closed like that. I think the weather on Saturday will be perfect!
Susan

Quote:
A flock block is a compressed block of seeds, nuts and other goodies that the chickens can peck at as a supplement to their normal feed. They are only available in 25 pound blocks which are huge for a small flock of 5 or 6 birds. Our Biddy Blocks are a smaller version of the standard flock block. They are not quite as compressed and have less additives. They work great as a supplement to their normal food. We use them as a treat.

Oh pampered pullet, do you have valbazen for sale?
I have done the wazine and now I need to follow up.
If you do not have it, I'll have the hubby stop at TSC on the way home one night.
Also, I need to stock up on some emergency meds while I am there. What does a well stocked chicken medicine cabinet need? How much cash am I talking? Do you take checks if I supply 1,000 pieces of ID?

Last edited:
Quote:
At this time we do not carry Valbazen. We generally sell Ivermectin for a follow up worming and also some people are starting to use Panacur.
And yes we take checks. Our collections department is two of our biggest roo's who do a mean flogging. LOL
There are a bunch of meds but we only suggest a couple of neccessary ones so you will get off cheaper than you think.

Thanks! We have been looking forward to this!
Is the black smith still coming? My son has been trying to talk us into an anvil for Christmas because he wants to take up blacksmithing. (I fear the Wiley coyote thing from the road runner.)

Pampered Pullet, I am not going to be able to make it as I had planned. My mom had a serious 'episode' and we spent the night in the ER. When I went to wake her she was unconscious and her whole body was rigid....I found out later her blood sugar had plummeted to 35 (135 is normal). She was in diabetic shock. It will take several days to stabilize her and I don't dare leave her with the caregiver without being there to watch for small changes. I am going to miss you all SO MUCH!

Quote:
hugs.gif
Oh my gosh! What a scare for you; prayers are going up for you & your mom!
hugs.gif

Unfortunately, I can't come, either. My reason is that I just started working part-time this week
smile.png
, and I have to work Saturday mornings.
sad.png

If ANYONE is interested in a standard or bantam BBR Araucana cockerel (bred with any breed, they make EE chicks) or a young bantam Barred Plymouth Rock pair (cockerel & pullet), please PM me. I was planning on bringing them up to the Bazaar. I can make arrangements to get them to you.

Standard Araucana
24456_araucana_cockerels_023_resize.jpg

Bantam Araucana
24456_araucana_cockerels_006_resize.jpg

Bantam Barred Plymouth Rock
24456_bantam_barred_plymouth_rock_004_resize.jpg

Back
Top Bottom