Central Florida Poultry Swap & Holiday Bazaar Dec 4th In Ocala

ThePamperedPullet

Songster
11 Years
Oct 4, 2008
North Central Florida
Fall is finally in the air and the holidays are just around the corner.

The economy stinks as we all know too well. But we here at The Pampered Pullets Farm have decided to not let any of that bother us. The holidays are supposed to be a time of joy and togetherness. So on December 4th , starting at 9am we are planning an old fashioned holiday get together to include a poultry swap and a holiday bazaar.

We are asking people to put on their thinking caps and dust off all those old craft supplies and make a few items that you would like to sell. This is a chance to make a few dollars to help with the holidays as well as to help out others looking for inexpensive gifts to give to their loved ones.
It is also a time to maybe getting rid of a few of those late season chicks.

We are planning all sorts of fun things. There will be a raffle with many wonderful things to include a "store bought" turkey for your holiday meal, poultry and livestock products and what ever else we can come up with. We are working with a local FFA group to offer lunch. We are trying to get a local singer to serenade us with Christmas carols. There will be many different hand crafted items available as well as baked goods and treats. And maybe if we can coax him into it, we might just get a visit from the great Santa Chicken himself.

For those of you who have been to one of our previous swaps you know our property. We will be dividing it out into 8 X 8 blocks for each person to set up in. We figure we should be able to fit about 60 blocks on the property. If we run over that then we will have to set some up outside the fences. There will be no charge for setting up. You will be responsible for bringing your own tables or what ever you need to set up but it must fit inside a 8 X 8 square. This will be in our front yard, so no vehicles will be allowed at your spot. You can bring your stuff in a car, truck or trailer, unload it, and then park along the road. Things can get a bit tight so we ask that you please do not bring big trailers.

We look forward to a wonderful day filled with fun for all. If you are interested in setting up to sell your birds and/or products, please contact us by email at [email protected] to reserve your spot. We look forward to seeing you all on December 4th.

Below is a copy of the wording from the flyer for this event

Ocala, Florida
Poultry Swap and Holiday Bazaar
December 4th, 2010 9:00am to ???
The Holiday season is quickly approaching and with the current state of the economy we are all wondering just what this holiday season will bring.
Well, we wanted to have another poultry swap and Grandma got her wheels turning and thought that it would be fun to harken back to the days of old, a time when the community got together to revel in the fun and merriment of the holidays. A time when the town folk got together to show off their wares and do a bit of selling, buying and even trading. A simpler time of hand made gifts, country crafts and fruits of the harvest.
So we thought why not?
The holidays have become so commercialized and stressful that it is time to step back in time to a simpler way of doing things. So put on your thinking caps, pull out those old musty craft books, dust off the sewing machine, sharpen up the tools, heat up the oven, pull out your old apron, put those long hidden talents to work, and join us for an old fashion Holiday Bazaar and Poultry Swap.
It’s free to buy, it’s free to sell and most certainly
free to come and look.
So mark your calendars for December 4th, 2010
And join us at
The Pampered Pullets Farm
13788 SW 5th Place
Ocala, Florida 34481

If you are planning on selling, or just have questions, please contact us by email at [email protected]
with what it is you will be bringing and for further details.

OK people, dust the cobwebs from the mind. We already have a few signed up to reserve their spot and have had quite a few emails about this swap. Should be a good one. I am compiling a list of people and what they are bringing and will post it in a future post. My sister is even flying out from Las Vegas for this one.

If the creek don't rise... We loved your place, I have you on the calendar. My hubby is addicted now.
edit*I am buyer. I am looking for old cookbooks, crocks, canning jars...you know, 'stuff.'

Last edited:
I have never been to your place, hope I can find it! I would love to come and I have some hand made things to sell (all chicken themed, of course). May I request a spot? Thank you for hosting this event. I am looking forward to meeting you.

Back
Top Bottom