Chantecler Thread!

Pics
I'm getting a Partridge Chantecler pullet on Saturday that is broody. How are Chanteclers as mothers? This would be her first brood (I plan on giving her some Bantam Rock eggs) so I'm hoping she will know what to do. I will post lots of pics when I get her
smile.png

Quote:
Oh my, he is gorgeous!
So here I am, with 3 Buff Chanteclers, 3 Red Chanteclers and NO rooster!
Sigh....

I'm sure I'll be able to help you out with that, as I often hatch far more roos than pullets. I'll have some hatching in a few weeks, and by spring you should have a few to pick from if you'd like a Patridge.

Oh so tempting! I really do want a buff roo, but who knows, maybe a partridge could work.

Quote:
Oh my, he is gorgeous!
So here I am, with 3 Buff Chanteclers, 3 Red Chanteclers and NO rooster!
Sigh....

I didn't know there were red ones...please show us a picture. I've only heard of white, partridge and buff, which I know isn't an accepted breed, but I love mine. So I do't care
tongue2.gif
hahahahaha

I missed this post earlier, sorry. I haven't taken any pics lately so this weekend I'll try and take pictures and see if i can figure out how to post them.
In the meantime, here is a link to a photo taken while ago, the middle chick is one of the reds. I have 3 reds. One is reddish all over and shiny, she has started to lay. The chick in the photo and the 3rd chick have a different color pattern, one is a little darker than the other but they are most similar. I think they are pretty. http://www.flickr.com/photos/toofarout/5869049406/in/set-72157626895698304/
Maybe
it is the partridge influence? Let me know if you can or cannot see the photo, you will be directed to my flickr page.

I just got this lovely lady. She is very sweet and calm. Too me she looks a little light, but I was wanting some opinions on color and structure on this girl.
104774_imgp1309.jpg

104774_imgp1310.jpg

-Thanks!

Quote:
How pretty! I really like her coloration, it is rather unique. However, it isn’t the correct color for a partridge bird. Neck color is okay, but I prefer the Standard Of Perfection Partridge which has a deep colored red neck. The Partridge color should also be a reddish brown with black.
I'm still learning a lot about type, but she appears to be a hatchery quality Chantecler. These birds lack bulk. In the photo it also appears that she may have a pea comb instead of a cushion.

Here is one of my Partridge Pullets (which still needs lots of work), but it should give you an idea of what Partridge looks like. I have also found the Partridge coloration to be very shinny.
23433_franny1.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom