Chantecler Thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Chickenrandomness, Sep 13, 2009.

1. chikincrazee

chikincrazee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    IL
    Quote:Nice lookig Chanteclers..we also have silkies and i have enough washing with them..lol...enjoying our few partridges and will be hatching after Christmas as the girls will have been laying long enough by then.....

2. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm APA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Monticello, Arkansas
    Quote:I think Sandhill has nice whites and maybe Jim Feagan as he had nice ones at the Ohio Nationals some were sandhills crossed with Greg Oakes i think.

How do i contact Jim Feagan?

3. BombayWhiz

BombayWhiz New Egg

Nov 6, 2011
    Jim Feagan can be found at Chantecler Fanciers International under Club Officers

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  4. Sweetened

Sweetened Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2010
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    I'm so glad to have been pointed here!

Next year I hope to establish a breeding population of White Chantecleres in the Saskatchewan prairies -- I want to try to preserve the bird, maybe develop another colouration line (isn't that every breeders dream? Probably hey...)

Theres supposedly a couple small breeders here, though I want to be careful about where I get them from in order to try to remain true-to-type.

I look forward to this thread *Subscribed*

5. HaikuHeritageFarm

HaikuHeritageFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Anchorage, AK
    Did anyone ever get any whites from Sand Hill? I'd be curious to see how they look.

6. toofarout

toofarout Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2011
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    I have not, but I'd like get some Buff Chanteclers. And the minimum order is 25, but you can only get 15 of a variety. That means 10 chicks *could* be whites, or partridge, or reds.
    Or anything else. If I get some whites to fill out the buffs, I'll let you know. And I promise to take pics and share. OK? [​IMG]

7. HallFamilyFarm

Jan 25, 2010
    Monticello, Arkansas
  8. toofarout

toofarout Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2011
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Quote:The quality of which variety of Chantecler?
    All varieties, or?

9. HallFamilyFarm

Jan 25, 2010
    Monticello, Arkansas
    Just heard they were not top Standard quality. But you must start somewhere. The more varieties/breeds one has the less time you have with each.

10. flowerchild59

flowerchild59 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Southern IL
    I am looking for a trio of buff chantclers. I am basically starting over. I sold a few of my flock, and then of course, then I had a predator issue. I am down to one buff. So I am starting over with a trio or quad and I am looking to buy some at the heartland poultry show on March 17, 2012 in cape girardeau MO. If anyone has any chanties of any color, LMk and we will work out the details.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by