Chantecler Thread!

Pics
Quote:
Nice lookig Chanteclers..we also have silkies and i have enough washing with them..lol...enjoying our few partridges and will be hatching after Christmas as the girls will have been laying long enough by then.....

I'm so glad to have been pointed here!

Next year I hope to establish a breeding population of White Chantecleres in the Saskatchewan prairies -- I want to try to preserve the bird, maybe develop another colouration line (isn't that every breeders dream? Probably hey...)

Theres supposedly a couple small breeders here, though I want to be careful about where I get them from in order to try to remain true-to-type.

I look forward to this thread *Subscribed*

I have not, but I'd like get some Buff Chanteclers. And the minimum order is 25, but you can only get 15 of a variety. That means 10 chicks *could* be whites, or partridge, or reds.
Or anything else. If I get some whites to fill out the buffs, I'll let you know. And I promise to take pics and share. OK?
smile.png

I am looking for a trio of buff chantclers. I am basically starting over. I sold a few of my flock, and then of course, then I had a predator issue. I am down to one buff. So I am starting over with a trio or quad and I am looking to buy some at the heartland poultry show on March 17, 2012 in cape girardeau MO. If anyone has any chanties of any color, LMk and we will work out the details.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom