Chantecler Thread!

Pics
I've been trying to figure out what I could add to my flock that would be very winter hardy and continue to lay through the cold Alaskan winters. Now, I think I've found it... Does anyone have any Chantecler eggs available? I'd love to have both Partridge and Whites. Can anyone help me out????
fl.gif

Picture of my girls outside.............well i'm keeping my fingers crossed that most are girls. We banded the ones the kids named cause they are starting to get harder to tell apart.
IMG_3501.jpg

one more
IMG_3505.jpg

Last edited:
Just moved everyone out to their coop. This weekend is going to be a real test supposed to get cold. I do have a heat light in there for them but still feel mean........

My lone large fowl Partridge Chantecler has started laying. She's 29 weeks old and has probably been laying for a few weeks. She's in a coop with some Delaware pullets of the same age that have been laying for a couple months so I don't really know whose eggs are whose, but I've noticed her in a laying box two days in a row and made a point to go back and check after she left to find the warm egg.

I'm anxious to collect some eggs and put them in the incubator, but I have no other eggs I want to hatch at the moment and I don't really want to try incubating just a half dozen or so eggs. Is anyone reading this from southern Maine and thinking about starting an incubator batch any time soon? I'd pay a small fee per egg if you let me add a few of my eggs to your next run.

Tim

Here are two pictures of my Partridge Chantecler cockerel and one of my Partridge Chantecler pullet. Comments welcome.

13544_pc_cock_1.jpg

13544_pc_cock_2.jpg

13544_pc_pull_1.jpg

Tim, your one pullet is very nice looking. Nice tight comb and wattles, deep red head and neck feathers and quite good pencilling. The cockerel is a nice body size, with good red colouring in his head, neck, back feathers. Unfortunately he should have black chest, belly, and leg feathers. It looks like he has some black colour there underneath, so you may still see those colours change. Is his comb smooth across it, or is it split? Difficult to see in the photo. If it's a smooth cushion, then it's not bad. And his wattles aren't that bad either. Remember, the Partridge combs and wattles are never as non-existent as the White's.

Just picked up a couple Partidge girls last night and they are fitting right in with my lone white girl. Good news we are going to pick up 10 1 week old whites tonight. Kids can't wait........Neither can I.

hi chicken famly of 5 (i think that was your username) where abouts are you located (country)???, and where do your lines come from??

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom