Chantecler Thread!

Pics
Quote:
Thanks for the watermark link. Will check it out! I have one pullet from mike. A Buff/Partridge cross. looks real typy and is pretty. Hoping for better quality type in my buffs.

Quote:
Guess it is better to be a bit large than a lot small.

Hi folks, I have a buff rooster I need to part with. I have some decent hens that can go with him to....am going to post them on the sell sight I guess, but thought you Chantecler lovers would like to know. I think he's a pretty good looking bird and was planning maintaining a flock here, but he went after my 5 year old while she was holding her silkie hen. Luckily, he is too young to have sharp spurs, so he didn't hurt her, but he sure tried! I gave him a swift kick to the backside, and it has not occured again. None of my other many roosters took after her. I agreed to get rid of him.... just hate to butcher since I think he could be a good roo for someone else. He's never attacked an adult. Anyway, if anyone is interested you can pm me, and I better go list them in the buy/sell section. Just for your edification, I'll post a couple pictures here.
50716_chanteroo2.jpg

50716_chanteroocomb1.jpg

50716_chantehen3.jpg

50716_chantehencomb.jpg

That just always seems to be the clencher -- at least for me. We aren't close to much of anything, including our neighbors.....so they don't care if we have roosters, burros, etc. Well, hopefully these'll find a home elsewhere.

Lisa, that's handsome flock! Where did you get your birds from? I'm just a few miles from you in Spofford.

Back
Top Bottom