Charles Town, WV Chickenstock at Tractor Supply Co. Sept. 13, 2014 8am - 2pm

I have never taken my chickens to a swap, so I am nervous at even think about doing it.
I'm in WV. Is the WV testing that's required free? Other than that, any thing special I should know.
Thanks,
Tina

Yes, the testing is free. Just make sure to get there before 8am, as there is a short line sometimes. Bring shade, water and feed for your animals and boxes to send them to their new homes in. That's about it. Plan to have fun.
smile.png

I will also be bringing a pretty black and rust EE cockerel. His father was hatched from a Kat Dupue egg. He's 5 mo old and ok with people. Also a dark buff Cochin bantam cockerel. He's 4 mo old and almost an orange color. Father was Tom Roebuck rooster.
I hope the rains hold off!

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, Sande. Added to the list... along with some White Bresse and Sulmtaler pullets. Going to be some White Leghorns and Jersey Giants there too, plus much, much more!

Check The List on the first post!
wee.gif

Last edited:
Sulmtalers!? Really???! Those are rare. Wow. I'm looking forward to seeing those.

I have a small car and the number of chickens I want to bring may exceed my space to bring them. If anything has to stay home, it will be the Welsummer and Cochin bantams. If there is someone that is truly interested in these, PM me please. Thank you.

I'm looking forward to this event. I really want the Orpington Cockrel and I have the AG birds that have to go. Maybe next year I will brind some Asils or Shamo birds out if I have any.

It will be good to see some new faces, along with our regular crowd. Always fun to meet up and chat with everyone at these Chickenstocks. We always finds some treasures too. Hoping to find lots of produce, especially tomatoes and peppers. I need to make Salsa yet. Some naughty Guinea ruined most of mine this year. Looking for potatoes too. Never got any planted this year. Is anyone interested in Sebastopol Geese??? They will only be brought if there is an interest, so please message me.

If anyone is interested in the blackwater gray hen and the Sears whitehackle rooster please email me. I will bring them out if someone wants them.

We are bringing a 6x12 combination chicken coop with a 6x6 coop and a 6x6 run. We will also have a 3x4 Quaker style tractor with wheelbarrow handles so you can move it around easily. We will have lots of literature to pass out on our chicken coops, sheds, horse barns, etc. See you in the morning. :)

Thanks to all the vendors and people who turned out in the drizzle to make yet another wonderful Chickenstock. Had a fun day and did our best business in the last 15 minutes we were there. Yay! Always pays to wait till the end. Met some nice new people and got to chat with old friends. Love these swaps.

Back
Top Bottom