Chat room for non religious poultry keepers! :D

Pics
Haha, it's a very casual project, nothing I'm going to focus too much on at the moment because I want to put the majority of my focus into improving my silkied Cochin bantams, but I am excited to see where it goes over time. Mostly I just want an excuse to hatch more naked necks, though. :D

Gwenny's my only naked neck and she's only about 10 months old, so she's never gone broody yet. I haven't heard a whole lot about naked necks being very broody, though. You'd have to ask someone with more experience with them to get a more definite answer, of course. 🙂

Are y'all okay with folks who are religious but want to chat with chill people hanging here? :oops: my religion's thread is deader than a possum playing dead and I been enjoying reading the convos here.

I think so? Question marks because honestly I don't know exactly where I am with my faith so I don't really classify myself as a non-religious person

Are y'all okay with folks who are religious but want to chat with chill people hanging here? :oops: my religion's thread is deader than a possum playing dead and I been enjoying reading the convos here.

So basically what I'm saying is that I'm in the same spot as you

Make sense.

On the subject of Naked Necks, it really just depends on breeding. Because the NN gene is dominant alot of non show breeding stock sorta is a full on melting pot which means its a coin toss on if they'll brood or not. :idunno My NN hens are more layer type and currently the only creature fully seemingly pining for them is a guinea hen with a identity crisis due to the rest of her flock mates just unaliving themselves purely due to her seemingly having the only braincell.

I think so? Question marks because honestly I don't know exactly where I am with my faith so I don't really classify myself as a non-religious person

Personally, I'm totally fine with those with religious beliefs hanging out here, just as long as no one's trying to cause arguments over it or 'convert' people or anything. 🙂 But of course it's @Meri Maura 's thread, so I'll defer to them on a final decision for that.

Make sense.

On the subject of Naked Necks, it really just depends on breeding. Because the NN gene is dominant alot of non show breeding stock sorta is a full on melting pot which means its a coin toss on if they'll brood or not. :idunno My NN hens are more layer type and currently the only creature fully seemingly pining for them is a guinea hen with a identity crisis due to the rest of her flock mates just unaliving themselves purely due to her seemingly having the only braincell.

I've seen everything from naked neck Cochins and birds that almost had to be naked neck Orpingtons (but were simply labeled naked necks) to just straight up mixed naked neck birds akin to Easter-eggers as far as feather patterning goes, so it does make sense that they could really fall anywhere on the spectrum for broodiness.

Wish I could say I'm surprised about the Guineas. I had them for many years and they never once in all that time impressed me as being very much smarter than a rock. 🤭

Personally, I'm totally fine with those with religious beliefs hanging out here, just as long as no one's trying to cause arguments over it or 'convert' people or anything. 🙂 But of course it's @Meri Maura 's thread, so I'll defer to them on a final decision for that.

I've seen everything from naked neck Cochins and birds that almost had to be naked neck Orpingtons (but were simply labeled naked necks) to just straight up mixed naked neck birds akin to Easter-eggers as far as feather patterning goes, so it does make sense that they could really fall anywhere on the spectrum for broodiness.

Wish I could say I'm surprised about the Guineas. I had them for many years and they never once in all that time impressed me as being very much smarter than a rock. 🤭
My faith doesn't believe in recruitment so no worries there.

And yeaaah, we started out with ten.... I had no faith when they would stalk me to the hay barn, panic and like stoogies body slam each other in panic when I look. :pop the last hen gets amnesty solely due to her actually surviving.

X2.

Back
Top Bottom