Chat Room Scares Me!

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by BearSwampChick, Mar 17, 2008.

1. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    I am so totally intimidated by chat rooms! I have never picked up the knack for the quick flow of chatting that everyone else seems to be comfortable with. I go in there for 2 seconds and straight back out. What's wrong with me? [​IMG] [​IMG]

Susan

2. roosters97

roosters97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    [​IMG][​IMG] weird [​IMG][​IMG]

3. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Just go in and have fun. Its fast but you will get the hang of it [​IMG]. I dont go in just in case someone needs advice on the board I am here to help. Alsot the chat seems to get laggy when 12 or more people are in

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    You have to get used to reading fast chat. Seriously. It becomes a learned skill. Come on and try it out when it is slow. You'll get faster in your typing and reading after a while.

5. BearSwampChick

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    Yeah, the laggy part always gets me and then I feel like I'm lost and behind and all that. Oh, and thanks roosters97, that's one of the reasons I feel intimidated. [​IMG]

6. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    You dont need to feel intimidated. Go in and have fun like missprissy says and you will make friends fast in there [​IMG]. I used to love going into chat and I know you will to. Its lots of fun.

Hint: late morning to noon time is the best because its usually 7 members or less [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  7. BearSwampChick

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    Thanks, Stevie, I will sometime. Unfortunately, I started this at a bad time as now I have to get off here and get some work done! [​IMG]

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Dont feel bad. I confess, I DO NOT LIKE CHAT!! Even without my carpal tunnel problem, I dont like chat. And gee, who wants to actually talk to you people at 8 a.m.?![​IMG]

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

BSC....I feel the same way!!

10. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Oh come on! We don't bite! It won't be that many more mornings I'll have to even be in chat. The warmer weather is calling me out to my veggie and herb gardens.

And as far as 8am - you people sleep too late. We are there at 6 am LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by