Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Looks great but what would the mark-up be?

Best price i could find was over $3 each and you would mostly need 2, so you would probably be looking at least $8-$10 extra. I'm just thinking if the prices were lower, or maybe if one would work instead of two? They do come in different sizes. Double boxing and all the extra packing stuff (peanuts, foam, shredded paper, pine shaving, whatever choice of packing) wouldn't be necessary.

But besides price, do you think it would work safely? See any other downsides to the product itself?

One other thing, if standard egg cartons were used and standard Priority boxes to mail, the packing could probably be reused.

It doesn't look like it could be cut in half, am I right? The picture suggests it would be a good shock absorber. I would so love to do an egg test. Since a scrambled egg may be worthless after shipping.

This would be a good question in the "Egg Shipping Experiment" thread . I wonder if it's ever been tried.

It doesn't look like it could be cut in half, am I right? The picture suggests it would be a good shock absorber. I would so love to do an egg test. Since a scrambled egg may be worthless after shipping.

This would be a good question in the "Egg Shipping Experiment" thread . I wonder if it's ever been tried.

i searched for "instapak" and "sealed air" and didn't get any results. But I'll look for that thread.
and yes, they are supposed to go as 2 separate pieces. But what if you shaped one around some cartons and strategically cut it apart and sealed the cut spots. I think we have some used ones at work, maybe i can experiment. :D

I have more frizzle eggs I can auction if anyone is interested, would there be any interest or does everyone have full incubators?

And i think for my next auction, I'll let the buyer decide if i use them or not. Maybe get someone to experiment with me.
I wonder about the possibility of crushing eggs if the box gets dented...since this would fill up all space. So no room for packing to compress before tightening up around the eggs. Am I making any sense? I can't tell! :hmm

I wonder about the possibility of crushing eggs if the box gets dented...since this would fill up all space. So no room for packing to compress before tightening up around the eggs. Am I making any sense? I can't tell! :hmm

May not cushion if packed , I think...

I think lately I need cold packs that last days more than better packing (during heat).

Back
Top Bottom