Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Pics
I'm in line behind misfitmorgan!!!
smile.png
We can be in line first together.....that way if one of us has a full incubator the other can take them lol.

Deal!!
I gotta warn ya though... my Christmas present was a 6 tray Leahy cabinet bator, lol...
wink.png
i could if i wanted to hand turn...set 250-300 eggs. i like to avoid hand turning at all costs though lol. So i just set 48 in one bator and Trexroo has command of the other bator that sets 42..then the cabinet bator that atm has no turns we use one tray to hatch out and for lockdown....so i can have multi-hatches goin on in the little bators. We will be putting turners in the big bator when the chickens start laying more and the weather warms a bit.

i could if i wanted to hand turn...set 250-300 eggs. i like to avoid hand turning at all costs though lol. So i just set 48 in one bator and Trexroo has command of the other bator that sets 42..then the cabinet bator that atm has no turns we use one tray to hatch out and for lockdown....so i can have multi-hatches goin on in the little bators. We will be putting turners in the big bator when the chickens start laying more and the weather warms a bit.

Nice setup! Mine has wire pieces (dunno what to call them) that slide in the bottom of each tray under the eggs and rolls them... then you pull them out and it rolls them again... not auto, but turns the whole tray in a second or 2, lol... I'm thinking about fitting turners in, tho, I tend to forget... :/

Nice setup! Mine has wire pieces (dunno what to call them) that slide in the bottom of each tray under the eggs and rolls them... then you pull them out and it rolls them again... not auto, but turns the whole tray in a second or 2, lol... I'm thinking about fitting turners in, tho, I tend to forget...
hmm.png
The bigger part of my problem is i leave for work mon-fri at 6:30am and i dont get home until 4:30pm or later. Shortly after getting home i have to go to chores with Trexroo at another location(30ish goats, milk 6) and dont generally end up getting back home until between 6pm and 10pm and still have chores at home to do (rabbits,chickens, bottle feed 10 goat kids) So it really comes down to ...do i want one more thing i need to fit into the day when i can have it automated lol.
barnie.gif

So we found 48 egg auto turner really cheap online like $18 or some such..so we will just be slowly ordering enough of those to fill the shelves in he cabinet bator.

The bigger part of my problem is i leave for work mon-fri at 6:30am and i dont get home until 4:30pm or later. Shortly after getting home i have to go to chores with Trexroo at another location(30ish goats, milk 6) and dont generally end up getting back home until between 6pm and 10pm and still have chores at home to do (rabbits,chickens, bottle feed 10 goat kids) So it really comes down to ...do i want one more thing i need to fit into the day when i can have it automated lol. :barnie

So we found 48 egg auto turner really cheap online like $18 or some such..so we will just be slowly ordering enough of those to fill the shelves in he cabinet bator.

My ADD paired with my OCD gets me every time... always tons of things to do and when I start one I remember another, lol... I think I'll be transferring over my turners to my cabinet too... only problem is I checked the trays for fit and the turner motor is too high, so eggs will sit too high also... I'll have to take out every other tray and only run it with 3... ah, well, it is still worth it... ;)

My ADD paired with my OCD gets me every time... always tons of things to do and when I start one I remember another, lol... I think I'll be transferring over my turners to my cabinet too... only problem is I checked the trays for fit and the turner motor is too high, so eggs will sit too high also... I'll have to take out every other tray and only run it with 3... ah, well, it is still worth it...
wink.png
150ish eggs that turn themselves is always better then 300ish that you have to remeber to turn in my book lol

Back
Top Bottom