Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Pics
I
To those of you who ship eggs, I asked a question in another thread and haven't gotten an answer yet. Can someone take a look here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/738943/the-great-egg-shipping-experiment/2320#post_14828683 I really need to know if anyone has the answer.

I feel like the p.o would be butts and manhandle it just because it's different. They would probably not know whether to sit it up vertically or horizontally.

If you sent a bigger box would it be the same amount as 2 smaller boxes?

Just wanted to update everyone on the eggs I won from Bama1. So of the 13 that were sent only one was damaged in shipping (crushed). 12 went into the incubator 20 days ago. I candled on day 3 (because I'm a nervous nelly) and all were doing fantastic. I candled again on day 14 and everyone was doing great. Sunday was day 18 and I candled and put all 12 into lockdown
celebrate.gif
! Right now this very second 2 have pipped and I can hear peeping coming from at least a few eggs. Thanks again Bama1 for doing such a great job packaging these babies, since this is my first incubator hatch I credit most the success to that! I'll post pictures as soon as there's any real action that my terrible ipad camera can pick up.

I am so thrilled to get all the amazing reports from my eggs! I credit it to them having free ranged just before i put them in their breeder pens, I give them greens and scrambled eggs and eggs shells every day since they are now penned, also those who ordered the Bama's BEST there is the benefit is hybrid vigor, and I pack as best as I can and the way I would want to receive eggs. Thanks again for buying my eggs! I cant wait to see pics of them!!!
Just wanted to update everyone on the eggs I won from Bama1. So of the 13 that were sent only one was damaged in shipping (crushed). 12 went into the incubator 20 days ago. I candled on day 3 (because I'm a nervous nelly) and all were doing fantastic. I candled again on day 14 and everyone was doing great. Sunday was day 18 and I candled and put all 12 into lockdown :celebrate ! Right now this very second 2 have pipped and I can hear peeping coming from at least a few eggs. Thanks again Bama1 for doing such a great job packaging these babies, since this is my first incubator hatch I credit most the success to that! I'll post pictures as soon as there's any real action that my terrible ipad camera can pick up.

I am so thrilled to get all the amazing reports from my eggs! I credit it to them having free ranged just before i put them in their breeder pens, I give them greens and scrambled eggs and eggs shells every day since they are now penned, also those who ordered the Bama's BEST there is the benefit is hybrid vigor, and I pack as best as I can and the way I would want to receive eggs. Thanks again for buying my eggs! I cant wait to see pics of them!!!
Whatever you're doing, you're doing it right! I now have 6 external pips!

This is sucky! I bought the Sebright eggs the other day from @TJChickens because I knew I had another incubator on the way. I also have some of my own eggs I'm needing to get into an incubator ASAP.

Here is my brand new Brinsea freshly delivered and fresh out of the box, it looks like something gouged a big hole out of one end.

This is sucky! I bought the Sebright eggs the other day from @TJChickens because I knew I had another incubator on the way. I also have some of my own eggs I'm needing to get into an incubator ASAP. Here is my brand new Brinsea freshly delivered and fresh out of the box, it looks like something gouged a big hole out of one end. E
That stinks. Was it delivered by UPS? They tend to mess up as bad as the USPS.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom