Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Phage, Sep 23, 2013.

1. bantambury

bantambury life does go on.

Sep 3, 2013
    North Carolina
    what sebrights are they? im really interested! if I get from you and TJ, im set! LOL
  2. ladycat

ladycat Chillin' With My Peeps

My ad is in my sig.
  3. Sambi89

Sambi89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2014
    St. George, UT
    Ok I know I'm being obnoxious but 11 out of 12 eggs have pipped! So far 2 have started to zip! I am dying waiting for them to come out how does anyone ever do this and not eat a whole bottle of tums bahahahahah
  4. ladycat

It never gets old. No matter how many hundreds of eggs I've hatched, those pips get me started jumping up and down in impatience!
  5. bekkanblue

bekkanblue Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    SE Iowa
    See, I like setting the eggs - too much. Then I like turning them and candling them - again probably too much. Then I have to go to work when they start pipping, or it's a rare get to sleep in day like today and I miss everything. Then I LOVE the brooder phase because it's better than TV!! [​IMG]

Oh, and I really like collecting the eggs too. Haven't done the buying/shipping of eggs yet. Need a waaaayyy bigger incubator before I do that cuz it'll get crazy! And of course I have my eye on one.... yep, I'm a total newbie who is completely hooked!!
  6. FVRM

FVRM Chillin' With My Peeps

When should I start rotating the eggs in the incubator? I usually start on day one because I have an auto turn cradle, but this time I let them sit in the incubator for a day or two before I turned the auto turn on. Could I have left them sit longer?
  7. Phage

Phage Mad Scientist

Aug 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    OMG! [​IMG]
    That does not say much for quality control.

That said, I LOVE my brinsea.
  8. ladycat

I love my first Brinsea.

I'll love my second one when I get an unbroken one on Thursday. It better not be broken!!!!!!!!
  9. bekkanblue

bekkanblue Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    SE Iowa
    I've heard people say they'll let them sit 5-7 days before turning if they're shipped eggs with detached air cells.
    1 person likes this.
  10. FVRM

FVRM Chillin' With My Peeps

I guess quality control is not important anymore. I worked as a stocker for a grocery store and I would constantly open a box and find missing product or stuff completely crushed yet the outer box would be in perfect condition.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by