Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Pics
Quote:
The developing embryo needs the egg to move to remove waste products away from it as it grows. This is needed from day 1.

I find that leaving them to rest for only 12 to 24 hours (max) after unpacking , and then placing them fat end up in an egg box the incubator for the whole incubation period (not on side) works very well for the eggs with loose air cells.

If there are actual mobile bubbles in the egg, the air sac is torn and the egg will never hatch (I have tried with LOTS over the years, and now have to agree this this). Also they are at risk of going bad and exploding on your other growing eggs.

I find that leaving them to rest for only 12 to 24 hours (max) after unpacking , and then placing them fat end up in an egg box the incubator for the whole incubation period (not on side) works very well for the eggs with loose air cells.

Then do you move the egg box some how to simulate turning? Lean them right, then left, etc.?

This is sucky! I bought the Sebright eggs the other day from @TJChickens because I knew I had another incubator on the way. I also have some of my own eggs I'm needing to get into an incubator ASAP.

Here is my brand new Brinsea freshly delivered and fresh out of the box, it looks like something gouged a big hole out of one end.

That must be very disappointing!
sad.png
hugs.gif
What is the dark thing coming out of the hole?

If there are actual mobile bubbles in the egg, the air sac is torn and the egg will never hatch (I have tried with LOTS over the years, and now have to agree this this). Also they are at risk of going bad and exploding on your other growing eggs.
I have actually hatched one that had a loose aircell. It was turned right along with the rest because I never expected it to hatch, but wanted to give it a chance to reattach. The aircell remained loose for at least a week that I remember and the chick hatched right along with the rest! I think it is very rare, but they can hatch.

Quote:
I Just put the egg box on the shelf in the incubator (cabinet type) and it gets turned as usual but the egg box seems to protect them so they don't roll about or get knocked over.

Eggs only need t be turned 2 or 3 times a day, so reduced frequency hand tipping of the egg box would work too and be more gentle on damaged eggs.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom