Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Pics
Great! I hope they hatch for you wonderfully.

The Sebright eggs I got was for new blood for my niece's flock. She's the one who raises the Sebrights.

I want to get her started with silkies, too, but it would take building another pen, and my brother isn't convinced yet.

what sebrights are they? im really interested! if I get from you and TJ, im set! LOL

Ok I know I'm being obnoxious but 11 out of 12 eggs have pipped! So far 2 have started to zip! I am dying waiting for them to come out how does anyone ever do this and not eat a whole bottle of tums bahahahahah

Ok I know I'm being obnoxious but 11 out of 12 eggs have pipped! So far 2 have started to zip! I am dying waiting for them to come out how does anyone ever do this and not eat a whole bottle of tums bahahahahah

It never gets old. No matter how many hundreds of eggs I've hatched, those pips get me started jumping up and down in impatience!

See, I like setting the eggs - too much. Then I like turning them and candling them - again probably too much. Then I have to go to work when they start pipping, or it's a rare get to sleep in day like today and I miss everything. Then I LOVE the brooder phase because it's better than TV!!
yippiechickie.gif

Oh, and I really like collecting the eggs too. Haven't done the buying/shipping of eggs yet. Need a waaaayyy bigger incubator before I do that cuz it'll get crazy! And of course I have my eye on one.... yep, I'm a total newbie who is completely hooked!!

When should I start rotating the eggs in the incubator? I usually start on day one because I have an auto turn cradle, but this time I let them sit in the incubator for a day or two before I turned the auto turn on. Could I have left them sit longer?

This is sucky! I bought the Sebright eggs the other day from @TJChickens because I knew I had another incubator on the way. I also have some of my own eggs I'm needing to get into an incubator ASAP.

Here is my brand new Brinsea freshly delivered and fresh out of the box, it looks like something gouged a big hole out of one end.

OMG!
ep.gif

That does not say much for quality control.

That said, I LOVE my brinsea.

When should I start rotating the eggs in the incubator? I usually start on day one because I have an auto turn cradle, but this time I let them sit in the incubator for a day or two before I turned the auto turn on. Could I have left them sit longer?
I've heard people say they'll let them sit 5-7 days before turning if they're shipped eggs with detached air cells.

Back
Top Bottom