Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Gotta agree with you on this one as well.
Besides, the priority boxes are DUMPED out of bins onto conveyor belts, etc. with other boxes that can weigh up to 70 pounds. It's just luck most of the time whether or not a heavy box lands on the eggs. Not very many people read the boxes, but when they do, it's probably a good idea NOT to draw attention to them. For instance, so many people want me to write, "please no x-ray".
Sounds like a red flag to me. Of course they should x-ray a box like that. I think though, that maybe they only x-ray boxes that are going on international flights.....
My postmaster told me that it makes not one bit of difference to write "Fragile" or "This end up" or anything else. Unfortunately, I have had buyers insist that I replace eggs that were scrambled because I hadn't written something on the box. One guy even insisted that the eggs were bad and didn't even try to incubate them because I hadn't written "Do Not X-ray"!

The only thing I really would like buyers to have me put on the boxes is "Hold for Pick up" with their number. Especially in Hot or cold weather.

Here's what I tell people who place an order:

I put “Fragile” stickers on the box, but if there’s anything you want me to write on the box, you’ll need to let me know.

Now, I have to disagree here. I put stickers on all my orders that say fragile, live embryos. Do not drop, shake, or xray. Then another that says be kind, I'm alive. So far all shipments have arrived unbroken and in a timely manner except for 2. One had a broken egg and the other has been lost in PO lala land. Most have even reported no damaged air cells.

The buyer was my very first paying customer for hatching eggs. I felt a little obligated to replace them for her.

Bamadude, you are a good guy to replace those eggs. I am sure your buyer appreciated it. One of my sellers did that for me and I am very grateful to her!

Oddly, we also noticed that any box with no writings arrived pretty much unscathed too. The ones with something written on them had dings. I don't know if there is any rhyme or reason...
Definitely Grateful!!! Even though i told him he didnt need to replace them.
tongue.png

As far as getting shipped eggs i have received well over 30 boxes of shipped eggs since January...so many in fact i have no place to keep them all let alone the packing material, actually just had the PO call me to come pick up more and that is the 3rd trip to the PO this week. So what i have experienced so far is when humans handle the boxes they do in fact pay attention to the words "Live Embryos" every person i have seen handle them or who has called me(prior to knowing their eggs) handle them with kid gloves and very gently..the only thing i saw handled more gently were the 5,00 meal worms i ordered and i think that was more because of the rice crispy noise they were making. i ask for live embryos and do not freeze on my boxes and hold for pick up of course. i have gotten exactly 3 packages that were messed up enough to have broken eggs and the broken eggs were 1-3 of 9-36 eggs. i have had eggs from really really good packers that i didnt get a single egg to start, no scrambled yolks, no rolling aircells just didnt start. i also have had good hatches from boxes with broken eggs. TJs eggs i had 12 of 12 develop.

Basically...the words matter when humans have their hands on the boxes...when the machines have them nope not at all.

Last edited:
Now, I have to disagree here. I put stickers on all my orders that say fragile, live embryos. Do not drop, shake, or xray. Then another that says be kind, I'm alive. So far all shipments have arrived unbroken and in a timely manner except for 2. One had a broken egg and the other has been lost in PO lala land. Most have even reported no damaged air cells.

I like the "Be kind, I'm alive" that would make me think twice if I had it in my hand!!!

This is what my outgoing boxes look like. I sticker all 4 sides and the top. Only the top gets the be kind in alive. It's worked well for me 90% of the time.

I told my Post Master that my box had hatching eggs in it. She did not know what to say, she called her supervisor to ask how to ship them and they asked what to do if they hatched? lol
So she charged me 50 something dollars to ship them express! I shipped them out on Sat. from AL. and she got them in ME on Monday! lol

I had to order new boxes so she won't charge me express shipping again. lol

Back
Top Bottom