Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

guess someone else sees it as me giving them away when I don't get normal asking price :(

It is all supply and demand. You can't control the price the auctions end at. If you have extra eggs and no order for them, isn't it better to get something than nothing? Whoever is telling you that wouldn't get along in my house AT ALL! I am constantly giving my eggs away to friends and neighbors and nobody is going to tell me I can't. LOL

It is all supply and demand. You can't control the price the auctions end at. If you have extra eggs and no order for them, isn't it better to get something than nothing? Whoever is telling you that wouldn't get along in my house AT ALL! I am constantly giving my eggs away to friends and neighbors and nobody is going to tell me I can't. LOL
Agreed! My hubby wouldn't dream of putting limitations on what I do with our chickens/eggs, or anything else on the farm for that matter. I'm with KYTinpusher, it's better to make a little than nothing at all, especially on extras. Between family, friends and church, I've probably given away about as many as I've sold this year, and that's absolutely fine witn me. The way I see it, as long as they're at least covering their feed bill, anything else is just a bonus. I won't lie and say I don't wish one day our homesteading/farming endeavors would become a thriving business, but in the mean time I do it because I love it.

Last edited:
You mean your other half won't allow it?

Mine doesn't like it, but I'd rather make a little bit, and someone else get chicks, than the eggs going to waste.
Mine would be thrilled if I auctioned everyone of them and didn't set anymore. He is not a happy greenhouse builder. LOL! 2 sides done, 2 to go and 300 chicks hatching in the next 3 weeks.

He may change his tune,

Mine would be thrilled if I auctioned everyone of them and didn't set anymore. He is not a happy greenhouse builder. LOL! 2 sides done, 2 to go and 300 chicks hatching in the next 3 weeks.

He may change his tune,

300?!? Wow! I thought I was bad.
lol.png

He may change his tune,
I should probably not show up at your house for dinner then, huh?
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom