Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

Cold packs shouldn't be needed if the eggs are properly packed... that insulation really makes the difference... plus, the biggest heat issue for boxes of eggs is sitting on a porch or in a mail box all day... if they are originating somewhere that the heat is super bad, most won't even bother shipping due to fertility that *may* be questionable...

I wonder about the possibility of crushing eggs if the box gets dented...since this would fill up all space. So no room for packing to compress before tightening up around the eggs. Am I making any sense? I can't tell! :hmm

I see what you mean, but if they can crush it that much, the eggs definitely don't stand a chance. Its pretty dense stuff, and I don't think it can really collapse on what's in the middle of it.

But! I found some used pieces. I think I'll bring some home and do some cutting and crushing experiments on them.

Cold packs shouldn't be needed if the eggs are properly packed... that insulation really makes the difference... plus, the biggest heat issue for boxes of eggs is sitting on a porch or in a mail box all day... if they are originating somewhere that the heat is super bad, most won't even bother shipping due to fertility that *may* be questionable...

I always pickup at the post office. And Lancaster Pa has been in the high 90s. So, getting eggs from Georgia, Florida, etc will be traveling or sitting in heat for a few days.

Sincere apologies to everyone for posting chatter on the Auction thread. I'm kinda scared to post something I'm looking for on this thread because I've been reported for it and gotten warnings on my account because it was a 'wanted ad' off the BAT section where it's allowed. I'm probably just ultra paranoid now tho.

Sincere apologies to everyone for posting chatter on the Auction thread. I'm kinda scared to post something I'm looking for on this thread because I've been reported for it and gotten warnings on my account because it was a 'wanted ad' off the BAT section where it's allowed. I'm probably just ultra paranoid now tho.
I think others will chime in, but I've seen many " Is anyone going to be auctioning this or that?" queries on this thread. And, at some point, we've all chattered on the auction thread and been reminded to move the conversation elsewhere... the people here are really nice, even though sometimes they come across a little irritated. We are all on a learning curve with BYC. No worries. :)

No apologies necessary, I wasn't irritated at all, hope it wasn't taken that way... we just try to post reminders about chatter as newcomers are always popping in and we don't want it to become a string of chat posts and bury any active auctions...

Agree with orrpeople, haven't seen anything wrong with asking if anyone might be going to auction this or that... :)

I know
Hello I meant to post on this page first. Just curious if anyone is interested in Silkie egg auction?
I am, just not quite yet, maybe in a month or so. I'de really like a mix of eggs from extra large meaty white turkens, a few from white-laced-red Cornish, a couple jersey giants, and a few white or grey/blue/splash silkies just for fun. Lol! Anybody happen to have all those in one happy egg box?? Lol
A girl can dream... but in all seriousness.... thanks to anyone selling eggs here where people can get them at a reasonable cost.

Back
Top Bottom