Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

How does a person fond the rules and regs for shipping hatching eggs? I watch these sale/auction pages and sometimes have extra eggs that I'd like to not waste.

I'm in Indiana, if it matters. Are there rules for each individual state for shipping hatching eggs? I have not yet been tested for AI or NPIP or anything, hopefully get that done soon.

Thanks

I've got Blue Ameraucanas, Olive Eggers, Black Copper Marans, Swedish Flower Hens, Bantam Cochins, mixed breed bantans, and mixed breed standards. The mixed breed standards would be a variety of about 25 different breeds all with a blue Ameracauna dad. If there was interest I've got 3 dozen eggs I'd ship out Wednesday next week.

(Posted this on the bid thread, thought I'd move it over here)

@orrpeople, here's my Swedish Flower pair. I've been consistently getting 100% fertility this year.
IMG_20180407_173203292.jpg
IMG_20180311_174204.jpg

@orrpeople, here's my Swedish Flower pair. I've been consistently getting 100% fertility this year.View attachment 1342902 View attachment 1342896
Any pics of the chicks or grow outs? :)
Long story made short - I just hatched 10 lovely little SFH that were given to me in a swap. I didn't plan on keeping them, but I really, really like them (a couple of them are my avatars). So, now I'm looking at getting some fairly unrelated birds in the mix.

Any pics of the chicks or grow outs? :)
Long story made short - I just hatched 10 lovely little SFH that were given to me in a swap. I didn't plan on keeping them, but I really, really like them (a couple of them are my avatars). So, now I'm looking at getting some fairly unrelated birds in the mix.
So I had put a dozen in the incubator. 100% fertility, all was going great. I accidently unplugged the incubator 4 days before lockdown. :barnieI've got a dozen more hatching in the next 10 days, so far 100% development, I'll post pictures when they hatch.

So I had put a dozen in the incubator. 100% fertility, all was going great. I accidently unplugged the incubator 4 days before lockdown. :barnieI've got a dozen more hatching in the next 10 days, so far 100% development, I'll post pictures when they hatch.
Cool. I'm in no hurry... I didn't even know I was going to have them this season! :)

I think SFH tend to generate interest. Your only draw back is that all your chicks will be full brother/sister. Otherwise, they are lovely! :)
Yes, that is true. They'd be ideal for a flock like yours where you already have some and mine would just be adding some new blood. I'm planning on adding some new birds from the lady I got my rooster from.

Back
Top Bottom