Chat Thread for the New Crazy 24 hour Auction

How do you like your incuview? I am thinking of getting one for a hatcher.
I loved the clear top, but I STRUGGLED to keep the humidity up. Also, in colder weather it was hard to keep the heat even. It IS more reliable than the Little Giant. I've had good hatches in it. I use my incubators a LOT. After quite a few hatches in this, I came home to 30 or so eggs in lockdown ICE COLD. The first chick to hatch was still alive, but barely. One of the wires had come loose, and it didn't make an alarm, or give any indication something was wrong. The thermometer on the machine was not reliable, neither was the humidity indicator. I reset the wire, and I've used it again. So, make sure you have additional hygrometer and thermometer (calibrated). I found heat sinks and sponges were needed to keep the humidity up and the heat even.

Probably more info than you wanted. Another downside to the Incuview, if you get the turner, the eggs still lay on their sides and it rolls them to turn them. I never got the turner to work correctly (I'm challenged in that type of thing), and I've only used this for lock down. Overall, Again, I've had good hatches in this. But I've had GREAT hatches in the Brinseas.

I loved the clear top, but I STRUGGLED to keep the humidity up. Also, in colder weather it was hard to keep the heat even. It IS more reliable than the Little Giant. I've had good hatches in it. I use my incubators a LOT. After quite a few hatches in this, I came home to 30 or so eggs in lockdown ICE COLD. The first chick to hatch was still alive, but barely. One of the wires had come loose, and it didn't make an alarm, or give any indication something was wrong. The thermometer on the machine was not reliable, neither was the humidity indicator. I reset the wire, and I've used it again. So, make sure you have additional hygrometer and thermometer (calibrated). I found heat sinks and sponges were needed to keep the humidity up and the heat even.

Probably more info than you wanted. Another downside to the Incuview, if you get the turner, the eggs still lay on their sides and it rolls them to turn them. I never got the turner to work correctly (I'm challenged in that type of thing), and I've only used this for lock down. Overall, Again, I've had good hatches in this. But I've had GREAT hatches in the Brinseas.
Thanks for all the info! I want to use it for call duck eggs but mostly as a hatcher. I have a Humid-Kit so I won't have to worry so much about keeping humidity levels. I've not used a roller style turner but those who have them seem to really love them.
I just might be the only person on the planet who didn't like the Brinsea octagon 20. LOL Hated that thing. Sold it.

Thanks for all the info! I want to use it for call duck eggs but mostly as a hatcher. I have a Humid-Kit so I won't have to worry so much about keeping humidity levels. I've not used a roller style turner but those who have them seem to really love them.
I just might be the only person on the planet who didn't like the Brinsea octagon 20. LOL Hated that thing. Sold it.

I hate the Brinsea turners, but otherwise love the incubators themselves. Hand turning Call duck eggs and not using the turner works great.

I'm actually about to buy an old European model 20DX that they don't make (nor support) any more, but it's never been used. So old, but new! It comes with a hatcher base, in addition to the cradle base, I think will be awesome for duck eggs.

I hate the Brinsea turners, but otherwise love the incubators themselves. Hand turning Call duck eggs and not using the turner works great.

Oh man, you already know about my horror story with the dang turner on my Octagon 40. Ugh, was that a fiasco.

And now it's started to make clicking noises when it gets to a certain part of the turn :hmm

There were too many other things about the Brinsea that I did not like. Those stupid egg racks were horrible to get adjusted just right while keeping the eggs up right and forget candling. LOL I hated to take the eggs out so bad. The brinsea that I had the turner was TOO FAST. It scared the crap out of me with the extreme angle and how fast it went. LOL Also when you open the lid say goodbye to every single drop of humidity + heat. Yea they just aren't for me at all.

Back
Top Bottom