Chat Thread(i cant go in chat room)

My plan is to eventually have all of mine separated by breed and color.

Time and money and cold weather are all delaying this right now.

I do have my japanese and polish together, as small as the japs are they can't possibly pick at the polish crests, and I have 2 sexlinks with the jersey giants (the other 3 are young), and I have the white cochins with the black tail red oeg because they came from the same place and have been together since hatching.

I like to keep my separated just so there's no waiting time for pure breeds when I get ready to hatch again.
I will eventually build a big hen pen and a pen for the polish and then everyone else can be moved around and separated.

nice...u got alot of neat birds there...how about u other guys?

I have a really cute frizzle. She is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Her name is Frizz
smile.png

I wanted to get a frizzle when I ordered my chicks, but I was too scared to go with a straight run!
They're adorable, as are silkies, but those too were only straight run from the hatchery where I ordered.

Hello

I have: Coco, a Speckled sussex roo; Lilly a Dark Brahma Bantam, Blackberry or Blackie an Australorp, Millie another Australorp, Pluffy a silkie roo, Rubooshka a fat BR, Mango a RIR, Apple a Golden Campine, Rosie and Frisca GLW, and Bandit a SLW.

Hey Justino-

Well, it was nice chatting with you anyway! Mom has a reason to be cautious...you are very lucky! You may not realize it now...but someday you will.

As for your dilemma with the birds. I did the same thing as wildsky. I got my 15 Red Sex Link as brooder chicks a year ago this March and last June I added a banty rooster, which they didn't like at first...now, LOVE HIM!

Later...like a month later, I added 15 bantys to the flock of RS standards (at the time...14, one died of pasty butt as chick.
sad.png
) and it took a bit of "pecking order" but eventually, they all sorted it out.

Now, they are happy. I think the bantys feel SAFE around the bigger girls. They huddle under them when they are outside.
roll.png

I had to keep an eye on them as they were introduced to make sure the bantys didn't get a raw deal. Turns out...they stood their ground just nicely! I think some of my bantys are higher in pecking order, to be honest. LOL!

Good luck and too bad about chat...but, at least you still got THIS!
wink.png

Peace-

Pedro

Back
Top Bottom