1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    I tried to enter the room and had to enter my user name and password. Then it said my password was not valid. I don't understand what is going on. Why is it so difficult to get into chat? I'm going back to the other board.

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I'm sorry, Gina. I dont know what's wrong. I never use chat myself partly because of my carpal tunnel. Maybe someone can help you with that.

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I think i know your problem, it's the apostrophy in your name. The chat client that is being used for the chat here doesn't accept non alphanumeric characters.

4. ginasmarans

ginasmarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    West Tn
    So then I'll have to re-register using a different username?Too much trouble for me. I guess I won't chat here.

5. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    Come on chat is good tonight, it will be worth the 2 extra minutes it will take you to get rid of the '

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  6. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

No need to re register, you just tell me to change it and I change it. Did you get my pm? I asked if you wanted it removed, and give me the ok and I'd do it.

7. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

It may not be the name, but that's a good place to start. Non alpha-numeric characters are usually a good thing to stay away from in general anyway.

We need more info to help troubleshoot:

Browser type
    Browser version
    Have you ever been able to get into chat
    etc.

There are currently 11 people in chat and we had another 20 the other day, so I don't think it is a wide spread issue.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by