chcken starting to molt and still laying!?

Some hens will continue to lay right through a molt. Maybe switch them to a chick starter so she gets plenty of protein to help speed the growth of the new feathers. And supplement their calcium needs with oyster shells.

Some hens will continue to lay right through a molt. Maybe switch them to a chick starter so she gets plenty of protein to help speed the growth of the new feathers. And supplement their calcium needs with oyster shells.
thanks for the advise I have just started putting shells in with there feed, they are on layers at the moment and are free roaming the back garden,do you think I could add supplement's to there feed/water?

Switch to a feed with higher protein content until the molt is over. The extra protein won't hurt any of them. Whatever you choose for calcium should be fed separately so that those who need more, can get it. Feed and calcium should be available all day long.

Switch to a feed with higher protein content until the molt is over. The extra protein won't hurt any of them. Whatever you choose for calcium should be fed separately so that those who need more, can get it. Feed and calcium should be available all day long.
they have access to there feed all day long and ok ill have a look in to it and see what will suit, I have a feeling another one is going to molt cause she is starting to look the same as what the other did at the beginning!

Back
Top Bottom