Check-in Here if you are on lamb/kid watch...

I can relate to the first calf heifer... After I had our first child, my DH said, well honey, how does it feel to be a sow? OMG....

th.gif
I hope you took a sow-sized bite out of him for saying that!​

Quote:
th.gif
I hope you took a sow-sized bite out of him for saying that!

I think I was still looped up on the epidural at that point. I throw it at his head every so often...especially when his jeans don't fit
gig.gif

And when I point out that HE gained more weight than I did when I was prego
gig.gif

Hugs
C

1st kid of the season last night, and she looks great. Also first kid from the new boer billy I bought last spring. I thought I paid way too much but if all his kids look like this he was well worth the money; she looks like a 3 month old and is built like a tank. She spent the night in the house last night because it is so cold here and she is much too valuable to me to take a chance; that is considered a no no around here and the first goat ever inside the house. I am sure my kids will never let me live it down Every 2 hours or so I brought her back out to nurse....No sleep for me. I brought her back to the barn at 5am. Only 3 more first timers left.

Good luck everyone else....I'm going to take a nap.

Little first time pygmy Momma is still hanging in there... She has 2.5 wks to go and boy is she BIG... her bag is filling and her back end is looking a bit droopy but she's not giving in....

I told her she was a good girl to hang in there and wait until it's a bit warmer....

The little escape artist somehow got the stall door open and was standing in the middle of the barn baaaaing at me while the other prego pygmy goat was still in the stall crying her eyes out....

()relics :

1st kid of the season last night, and she looks great. Also first kid from the new boer billy I bought last spring. I thought I paid way too much but if all his kids look like this he was well worth the money; she looks like a 3 month old and is built like a tank. She spent the night in the house last night because it is so cold here and she is much too valuable to me to take a chance; that is considered a no no around here and the first goat ever inside the house. I am sure my kids will never let me live it down Every 2 hours or so I brought her back out to nurse....No sleep for me. I brought her back to the barn at 5am. Only 3 more first timers left.

Good luck everyone else....I'm going to take a nap.

DSC00656.jpg

princess 1/20/9​

thanks...I'll tell her you said so. She is a percentage boer doeling. Her mother,is from a litter of trips I bought her last year, she was from a registered alpine doe bred to a boer buck. I then bred her mother to my registered paint boer buck. I guess that would make her about 3/4 boer...I will breed her to her father for kids next season; whom I will then breed to my registered alpine buck the following season...get the pattern...breed in, breed out...You get fast growing wethers and does that produce alot of milk.
imo
thanks again

Tomorrows high is supposed to be 60 degrees in our part of Virginia. We are kinda watching to see if the old "wives tale" has any truth to it. The one that says goats can control their pregnancy and freshening to a certain point and hang in there till they get the best weather for kidding.
fl.gif

Chris

I wish mine would! We have a low of 47 tonight, it was 75 during the day. She'll probably wait until it's down in the 20s again though.

Quote:
positive thinking anyway...our first kidded monday night...18 degrees...3 others look to go anytime...tonight predicted to to in the low teens again....Who needs sleep anyway.

Back
Top Bottom