Check out my coop!

GemmaGA

Songster
Jun 11, 2020
NE Georgia (near Athens)
My husband designed and built this coop for our small flock of 9 chickens. What do you think? We've since added a fenced area out in front of the coop to make a nice little chicken yard for our birds.

Attachments

• coop.jpg
    coop.jpg
    629.6 KB · Views: 81
I'm in the process of designing/building a coop myself. What are the dimensions of yours? it looks AMAZING. are there written building plans or is that too much to ask lol

I'm in the process of designing/building a coop myself. What are the dimensions of yours? it looks AMAZING. are there written building plans or is that too much to ask lol

He is a carpenter by trade, and anything my husband builds for us is kind of on a wing and a prayer..lol. I would say its probably 6ft wide by about 14 feet long, 10ft high at the peak of the roof. In the raised coop, we have 3 branches/logs he cut from trees in our backyard for the roosting bars.

He is a carpenter by trade, and anything my husband builds for us is kind of on a wing and a prayer..lol. I would say its probably 6ft wide by about 14 feet long, 10ft high at the peak of the roof. In the raised coop, we have 3 branches/logs he cut from trees in our backyard for the roosting bars.
asdfghjkl those are the exact dimensions that I want to do for mine XD this is perfect
It looks beautiful!

Any pictures of the inside coop?
very nice! What is the size of the coop part?

I like it.
I will take some pictures of the inside - not 100% on dimensions but probably about 6' W x 6' L in the coop part. We have 3 small logs we cut from a tree in our backyard as the roosting bars inside the coop. Egg hutch area on the front has 4 separate boxes.

Back
Top Bottom