check out my easter-eggerXsilkie rooster!!! hes gorgeous!!!!!

Quote:
Where there's a will, there's always a way dear! You just have to want it bad enough! But please! Don't put yourself at risk with ladders and such. I could tell you stories about the hazards of ladders and chickens in high roosts that would curl your hair!!
gig.gif

But seriously, do you close him in for the night, or does he roost in a barn or something? If you keep Dale closed up for the night in a coop, then half of your battle is already won. Simply don't let him out in the morning. Eventually he has to come down to eat and drink. It might take awhile for him to trust you enough to share the coop floor with you. Move slow and quiet, and he should come around in due time.

Sending calming Karma thoughts out to you and your new roo that the two of you can create a lasting friendship!
fl.gif

well serrin i am going to give it a go this weekend. one little problem is that he can seriously fly straight up. ive tryed to get him in the morning but he flew about 10 foot up in the rafters and then onto some things that are in the rafters.
i wont risk gettin on a ladder. grandmother fell off one once. hurt herself pretty badly.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom