Check out our new silkie Trio [pic heavy!]

Kanchii

Crowing
15 Years
Sep 8, 2007
San Rafael, California
Hey everyone just wondering what you think about our silkie trio we picked up yesterday for only $15!!!!!!!!!!!! What a good deal, huh? We're planning on turning around and selling them at the show in stockton, but I was wondering what price you guys think we should sell them for and comments on them in general? We know lots of good birds sell for $100, what do you guys think for $100 for the whole trio? Thanks! <3

untitled.jpg

untitled6.jpg

untitled5.jpg

untitled4.jpg

untitled3.jpg

untitled2.jpg

I'm new to Silkies but, to me $100 is a little steep. Now if they are/were show quality(and I am not one that can tell one way or another) then, yes they would be worth that. Maybe some of the more knowladgable silkie people can help more.

Dodgegal- LOL! Yes she does have eyes somewhere under that mess of hair!
lol.png
they're just EXTREMELY hard to find!

Kingcalls- Yes, they are all show quality with correct number of toes and good toe spacing/ foot feathering. For a trio with laying age hens, $100 is actually a fairly good price, but depending on how they do at this show, the price could go down
roll.png

I don't know much about whites , though those look very nice. If there are feathers on the middle toe and the fifth toe turns towards the back, I would say you have some very good quality birds. Prices are very regional, however, so it is hard to say what they would sell for in Calif. How old are they? The nice tight wing is good. I would love to have the buff and I would think you would have no problem selling her. Depending on what is available at the show, I would consider $ 100.00 for the Trio a pretty good price. If one had to ship birds from an auction, the price for those birds would easily exceed $ 100.00

I think you might be better off trying to sell the White Pair and the Buff Girl seperately. Lots of folks concentrate on just one or two colors. As far and the White roo/cockerel, I would personally hesitate paying top dollare for him. The comb is bothersome with the spikes and exposed wattles. I am pretty new to the Silkie world so I don't have lots of experience in breeding quality Silkies. I have been raising Sizzles ( Silkie/Cochin Frizzles) for 4 years and I know how hard it is to correct the single or, spikey red comb. Your boys comb color is right but it should be smoother more like a wash board.

They are beautiful bird and please don't take my comments as anything other than personal preference, not meant to hurt feelings or critisize. I am just sharing a bit of what I have been learning by reading as much as I can and visiting a few shows.

Please don't be offended by this, but if you only paid $15 for all three, are you sure you want to turn around a sell them for $100?? Seems like to me you are making a LOT of money on something you didn't put any effort into. You didn't breed or raise them. Just seems wrong to me that IF they are worth $100, the person that put all the effort into breeding and raising them got ripped off. JMO and please don't get mad. I'm happy that you got such a good deal, but maybe if you used them in a breeding program instead of reselling them...

Back
Top Bottom