Check out the size of this egg!!!

gumpsgirl

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Mar 25, 2008
Virginia
One of my poor Wellie girls layed this egg yesterday and I bet it's a triple yolker! It fills the whole palm of my hand and then part of my fingers. I don't have a small hand either!

Anyways, here's a pic next to one of her "normal" sized eggs. The picture really doesn't show how big the egg really is, but it's bigger than any of the double yolkers my girls have ever layed.
7910_dsc03637.jpg

ouch is right! Neither of my Welsummer hens have laid double yolkers, but their eggs are always a really tight fit in a XL chicken egg container! Sometimes I cannot close the lid!

My hen ''Mary'' is brooding as of today! I think she's sitting on at least 4 eggs. My roo is HUGE, so I'm excited to see babies from them
smile.png
I think I might sell my younger hen if Mary hatches some babies so I can keep another generation. I wish I knew how to sex Welsummer's as chicks though!

Karin

i have an araucana that just started laying . my wife came in from the coop with her first egg and it had traces of blood on it, and it was huge. i felt sorry for her it was so big . we happened to have breakfast for supper that evening, and so when i cracked it open to put in the skillet it turned out to be a double yolker:celebrate

Back
Top Bottom