Check Out This Strange Egg!

Catalina

Songster
12 Years
Jul 19, 2007
Minnesota
I love weirdo eggs.
This was on the floor of my coop this morning.
3368542530_97f04ceaaf.jpg

I've been getting 1 big egg a day from the 3 big girls, so obviously they are either taking turns laying each day
roll.png
or 2 girls haven't been laying.

3368542690_eddc92097a.jpg

It has a nice thick shell, not a soft egg.

That is one crazy egg
ep.gif
. Looks like one got caught up in the duct and the one behind it fused itself to it. Thats one to put on the mantle
gig.gif
! Cant wait to see what people say. Thanks for the pic!

Chef

Cracked open-
3368597746_7c6b27baae.jpg

3367773493_2fa6823c80.jpg

I've gotten a lot of weird eggs. If you consider how an egg is made, it's amazing that any eggs turn out normal!

I'm just glad this had a nice thick shell. We went through a whole shell-less egg adventure last Fall. Not fun!

Before the girls slowed down for the winter I was getting a triangle shaped egg every day....plus side - it couldn't roll away.
roll.png

What kind of chickens do you have? I'm wondering if the weird eggs are a genetic thing since you said you've had lots of them. I would love to have some chickens that laid weirdo eggs!

Sorry I just saw what type of chickens you have. Any idea which ones have layed weird eggs?

Last edited:
Oooo...can you put it back together and preserve it resin from an arts and crafts store?

Suzy

ep.gif

should have blown the egg out and kept the shell intact!! i do with freakishly big or tiny eggs... also just a few of each color i get... wife loves to have them in a basket on the table...

Back
Top Bottom