1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Check out this toe.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Sherry, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    He walks fine. Definately runs fine, much to the dismay of the ladies. [​IMG] But I just noticed this yesterday. He's not limping or anything.
    [​IMG]

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I've had chicks like that. They do fine. It's just a crooked toe, nothing to worry about.

3. fowlweatherfriends

fowlweatherfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    The Sunny South
    Looks like a broken toe? You can use the search function above and type the word "splint" "broken toe" "crooked toe" etc. and see if you can find out how to splint and repair it. Poor baby [​IMG]

Best wishes

4. Judymae

Judymae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2007
    Merit, Tx
    I have a handicapped duck that walks on the top of his foot. His leg is soooo twisted that he actually walks on the top of his foot. He adapted just fine. He is a bit slower than the others but he does alright. He actually protected the mama duck with her eggs during a predator attack. He was picked clean but he did a good job! We now have 4 healthy safe baby ducklings!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by