Checkbook covers ~ made by me!

hannakat

Songster
9 Years
Jun 5, 2010
Beaver County, PA
Cute and fun checkbook covers for you special chicken fanciers! I already have several made for me...changes with my mood...so I thought I'd make some to share here.

There are 2 "Chickens in the Lettuce Patch" covers. **** One left **** One has a coordinating blue on the inside flaps and the other has a coordinating brown, all fabrics from the designer Hoffman. Cost each is $7.75

One is from a Vera Wang design of roosters with burgundy strips and rows of eggs. **** SOLD **** I put an adorable egg shaped button and elastic loop closure just cause it looked cute. This would also make an excellent coupon holder. Cost is $8.25

One is made using pink John Deere fabric. **** SOLD **** This is a combination of striped John Deere fabric and paisley John Deere. Again, cause I thought it would be cute, I created a small bow using brown ribbon and added a sweet little pink button. Cost is $9.00.

Then I have the lamb & chicken checkbook cover. **** SOLD **** This is made using fabric from the Timeless Treasures Farm & Country collection: Chickens & Sheep Black Fabric. Cost $7.75

Shipping per zip code, First Class or Priority, your choice.

**** I plan to make more soon. I've made many 'request' covers so if you have a style in mind, don't hesitate to send a PM! ****

Last edited:
These are super cute and that chicken fabric is awesome!!!!!!!!!! I love them,
I really like it when people make cool chicken stuff because in reality out here no one has a chicken line of anything, but maybe dishes and they aren't even cute............I will have to see if I have anything left after bills the 3rd then maybe I can order 1. I really like the 3rd one..... what is inside to make it stiffer than fabric? anything or are they soft? TY Kim

Thank you! I feel the same way, and since I sew it's been fun to create the different items. I still like making the purses but these covers are fun to make.

I use a fusable interfacing that makes them stiff. I've been using mine for a while now and it's staying nice.
yippiechickie.gif

I'm confused, at the top right it says $ 1. then under the descriptions for each the prices are $ 7.50 or higher etc. Also are the pictures depicting "one of a kind," covers or are several available of that style.

Last edited:
I'm confused, at the top right it says $ 1. then under the descriptions for each the prices are $ 7.50 or higher etc. Also are the pictures depicting "one of a kind," covers or are several available of that style.

Sorry, didn't get notification about a comment. The price section wouldn't let me put a range in and they are not all the same price since price is based on cost of individual material used and accents. All material used is new. Are you looking for 'one of kind' items?

I use a lettuce patch or another chicken fabric style not listed here for my personal use and also have 2 kitty prints. I've made cat, dog, Kinkade, floral, Steeler, etc. as requested. I do not mass produce anything and the items pictured are one of kind at this point. Hope this helps.

Sorry if the $1 is misleading. I wanted to leave the price blank but it requires a price. The new system has been difficult for me to learn. I feel really bad that someone felt misled and will change the cost immediately.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom