Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Yes, just like everyone else, I have been busy. I currently have 6 Exhibition Rhode Island Red hens. All doing well and laying. I lost my Fancy Tail Nancy and my rooster (Stu Bird) in the last year. Broke my heart horribly!!!! He was my buddy. He was a good watch dog and loving rooster. People cannot believe it when I tell them he loved to be held and gave us hugs until I show videos. LOL. Going to start a chicken garden this year so the girls can graze all they want. I pray everyone is doing well.
God Bless.
It is nice to hear from you!

It is very hear breaking when we lose a favorite bird from our flock.

:hugs

Here's those coop pictures for my curious BYC pals.
Kept the henhouse small AND purchased only pullets, to restrain my addiction to hatching chicks 🤣
The 4x6x8 shed comfortably houses 6 hens and 2 nest boxes. With 2 outside areas, the girls usd the smaller side their dust bathing. We use solar power for the exhaust fans and the strings of lights that light up the entire thing at night.
Plants are going in the planters around outside edge.
The pallet coop we built in Texas was my absolute favorite. Photos are on my laptop so I'll share them later.....it's beautification day for this Old Crow😁

Attachments

• 20240430_113733.jpg
    20240430_113733.jpg
    966.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240430_113239.jpg
    20240430_113239.jpg
    966.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240430_113301.jpg
    20240430_113301.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Here's those coop pictures for my curious BYC pals.
Kept the henhouse small AND purchased only pullets, to restrain my addiction to hatching chicks 🤣
The 4x6x8 shed comfortably houses 6 hens and 2 nest boxes. With 2 outside areas, the girls usd the smaller side their dust bathing. We use solar power for the exhaust fans and the strings of lights that light up the entire thing at night.
Plants are going in the planters around outside edge.
The pallet coop we built in Texas was my absolute favorite. Photos are on my laptop so I'll share them later.....it's beautification day for this Old Crow😁
Wow... SUPER jealous of your beautiful coop / setup!!!

Crazy impressive!

PLEASE tell me you created a BYC Coop page with all the pics and details and submitted it to our coop page contest!?!?!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/official-byc-coop-page-contest-14.1591432/

I started my chicken journey as I have a physical disability and needed a new hobby and a little joy in my life.
I’ve now got 11, all of whom I love very much!

Unfortunately my illness has gotten worse and I’m in a lot of pain and can’t get down to them as much as I’d like.
But they’ve started hanging out by my door. Or they’ll see me come out and sprint up the yard to greet me.

I’ve lost many friends and family due to this illness as sometimes people don’t want to stick around when times get tough. That’s why I adore my animals so much.

When your life is controlled by pain, you come to enjoy the little things. They truly make my day.
I love your spirit!

I hope that your flock will continue to provide you with comfort during this trying time for you.

Back
Top Bottom