Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

Hello! Last years drought was rough. It drove all the predators in and took a heavy toll on my flock. I have a wonderful array of new birds hatched from every color egg this year and I'm in the process of doing a complete overhaul on my coops.

Sorry to hear about your losses, and congrats on the new additions! Looks like you are going to have a very colorful egg basket.

Hello to Everyone! It's been a rough few years; we lost three of our original crew to age, two to someones loose pet, and two to illness but we recovered and adopted some ducks and new hens, built a new run and even a pond. So we're all better now.View attachment 3813321

Very sorry to hear about your losses.

Beautiful pond! That must have been quite the project. I bet your new ducks love it.

We built a new home and coop/pen over the last couple years and it took so much longer than expected which meant my girls and roo had to stay with my parents for a while. They just moved here last month and I couldn’t be happier to have them with me again. They really are the lights of my life.

Thanks for stopping in to say hi! I'm glad to hear you have your birds with you again. Do you have pictures of your new coop?

The wet is over here in the NT and happy to report 4 keets going strong and looking forward to incubating/hatching some Wyandotte eggs to add to our flock of 3 hens 5 GF.

Congrats on the keets! Guineas are fun. I keep a flock as tick control.

Good luck with incubating! Be careful, it's addictive, haha. I went from a little homemade styrofoam incubator hatching a few duck eggs to a Sportsman hatching emu eggs, and everything else in between.

I have had lots of changes since I first joined. I moved out of state before I could get going on construction.
New house came with beautiful hen house and spacious attached run.
I ordered chicks through the mail, who knew? My brother was amazed.
I ordered 3 breeds, last summer: 5 each (too many). Not knowing how hardy chicks are and with the “packing peanut chicks” ended up with 18. All healthy. One Dominque Rooster. 17 layers. 6 Black sex link. 5 Barred Rock. 6 Dominque. I’m donating eggs to an agency on aging which helps folks “age-in-place”.
Currently 12 consistently lay in brood boxes, and 5 consistently lay 'somewhere else'. The run needs to be patched, so all are free range.
So, now I am a Chicken-lady.

Thanks for updating us! Score on the coop coming with the new house.

Sounds like you have quite the flock! I bet the elderly folks who receive your eggs are very appreciate.

Hey everyone! My wife and I newly joined the raising chickens world! We got 3 Marans, 3 olive eggers, and 1 Amaraucana. I started a live stream through twitch that i would be honored and love if you guys would check it out! I would love to see anything anyone else has too! We have loved getting into this community! Check us out at
Attached i put some pics i took of our little flock when it was nice out we took them to see their new coop when theyre big enough! Any suggestions or ideas we would love to hear! happy flocking!

Thanks for checking in! The Twitch stream is a neat idea. Looks like a nice little coop. I followed you over there :)

All good here. Letting my chickens patrol my garden for bugs and worms. I just keep my young plants "caged" with poultry netting until large enough to withstand "chickens on patrol". I am busy and chickens are happy:wee

Thanks for stopping in! Glad to hear things are going well for you. Sounds like your chickens have it made, haha.

Back
Top Bottom