Checking-In On Peeps - Post Here To Say Hello!

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

If that's you, come say hello and let us know what you've been up to. :)

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Hey Guys!! Sorry I’ve been MIA, between homesteading and work and then a relative living in our home with an LVAG , it’s been hectic!

All is well, we’ve had many baby chicks come and go.

Thanks for thinking of us!

Attachments

• IMG_2194.jpeg
    IMG_2194.jpeg
    717.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2192.jpeg
    IMG_2192.jpeg
    472 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1857.jpeg
    IMG_1857.jpeg
    1,016 KB · Views: 1
Hello Fellow Fluffy Butt Enthusiasts,

I read the BYC threads often, but don't post much. Since the last time I posted, we've rehomed our surprise rooster, lost one poor sweet girl (Daisy) to egg binding, and got 4 new chicks. Upcoming plans are to introduce the new girls to the OGs, fence in the backyard for easier free ranging, coop and run beautification, and a garden fence to keep the girls out of my veggies!
I'm sorry for the loss of Daisy. Congratulations on the new chicks. I hope introductions go well.

It is nice to hear from you!

I love the picture and the girls are very excited!
Hi and thanks! The kids are as egg mad as I am haha! So far we have an accidental chick (was supposed to be a duck oops) and 6 healthy ducklings. I'm in the middle of as assisted hatch with the last egg, which got itself a bit stuck. The girls are LOVING their ducklings so much 🦆💕🎉🎉

Update: I’m a little chickcited this year. These are the older chicks and they’re looking gorgeous. Got a lot of youngin’s everywhere of all ages. But once they’re older some will be up for sale sooner or later.
The look like they will sell easily!

We have such a vibrant community here at BYC... tons of active friendly members. Of course, life gets busy, so I was thinking it would be fun to start a thread welcoming some of our peeps we haven't heard from in a while.

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here)
Thanks for checking in! I am well, just busy with other life stuff including getting close to earning a PhD, house things, travel, etc. I'm still a chicken-keeper and just got some new chicks. I check back on BYC every once and awhile. Who knows, I might get more active again sometime. I hope everyone is doing well :)

Thanks for checking in! I am well, just busy with other life stuff including getting close to earning a PhD, house things, travel, etc. I'm still a chicken-keeper and just got some new chicks. I check back on BYC every once and awhile. Who knows, I might get more active again sometime. I hope everyone is doing well :)
Congratulations on the PhD!

It is good to hear that the flock is doing well.

Congratulations on your upcoming PhD!

(if that's not you, feel free to invite peeps you haven't seen in a while and say hi to those that post here) I’m still here! Just not keeping up well enough to post much. Still have a sweet mixed flock of 24 or so (who’s counting haha) and I’m up to my ears in feathers and other chicken stuff!
I’m still here with my mixed flock of about 24 (who’s counting haha) so I’m up to my ears in feathers, eggs, and ALL the chicken stuff!
I have 2 broody Brahma mamas as of yesterday and a dozen LF Light Brahma hatching eggs enroute. Please wish me luck with a natural hatch!
:jumpy:jumpy:jumpy

Back
Top Bottom