cherry colored egg *pic added of egg *

jarvis

Songster
8 Years
May 12, 2011
potosi
who laid it .. i have three ameracaunas ( they lay two blue eggs and one kahki egg) so excluding them .. lol
2 cochins ( one is only part cochin .. )
one mutt ..
one dom
2 orps
a australop
a frizzle silkie.. ( egg was too big to be hers but figured id include every possibility ...) ??

ive been getting brow eggs .. and some speckled brown eggs.. but today is the first day ive had this cherry colored one ..

sorry if this is the wrong spot .. but didnt know where else to put it .. lol .. im curious now tho ..

Last edited:
well, my australorps lay a very light tan egg, almost pinkish...my BR lay dark brown eggs, my silkie/cochin lays a very light, slightly speckled egg...

would LOVE to see a picture...

91491_chickennn_001.jpg

this is the first one ive got next to a lt brown and a blue from my ameracaunas .. ( one lays a kahki colored one .. or greenish .. ) but this redish one ... i dont know lol

My Orp and my BR both lay brown eggs. I can tell them apart because the Orp's egg is more of a pink brown and the BR's egg, I would call a more yellow brown. But even with a slight pinkish cast it's no where near the color of yours. Therefore, my post is totally not helpful.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom