Chick acting strangely

@nuthatched the highest temperature outside today was 75 degrees fahrenheit. The chickens had a lot of shade and water. The place they sleep is warm, but definitely not hotter than during the day.

Thank you for your advice!

@nuthatched the highest temperature outside today was 75 degrees fahrenheit. The chickens had a lot of shade and water. The place they sleep is warm, but definitely not hotter than during the day.

Thank you for your advice!
Maybe it had an upset stomach it it will pass. Hopefully, it will be fine in the morning. :]

A friend recommended I try feeding the chick garlic, should I do it?

@nuthatched new day, the chick still scrunches up for a few seconds every once in a while before rejoining the others :( It's 60 degrees fahrenheit here.

@Wyorp Rock crop still feels like tiny beans, just a little emptier. The chicks sleep together, so I couldn't get an overnight sample, but here's one the chick just pooped:

Attachments

• chickens1.jpeg
    chickens1.jpeg
    417.6 KB · Views: 2
  • sad chick1.jpeg
    sad chick1.jpeg
    234.7 KB · Views: 2
  • chickens2.jpeg
    chickens2.jpeg
    372.1 KB · Views: 2
  • sadchick2.jpeg
    sadchick2.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 2
  • in sunlight.jpeg
    in sunlight.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 2
I wouldn't give garlic.

I'd go get some Corid and give to the all the babies plus the hen. Make the Corid water the only water they drink for 5-7 days.

Corid Liquid is 2tsp or Corid Powder is 1 1/2 tsp per gallon of water. Treatment is 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water. Nothing else added to the water.

Do make chick grit available.

The scrunched chick I would watch to see if she's drinking the water, if not, then syringe it into her several times a day. She may benefit from an undiluted dose of Liquid Corid for 3 days as well. Give her .10ml orally once a day for 3 days. This is IN ADDITION to her drinking the mixed water and/or you syringing the mixed water into her multiple times a day.

Do check her crop for several mornings in a row to see if it's emptied. Hopefully it just due to inflammation of the intestines and the Corid will help with that. If it's not resolving in a day or two, then I'd start giving a bit of coconut oil and massaging the crop too.

Back
Top Bottom