Chick attacked by others. How do I treat him?

Justino

♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫
12 Years
Dec 21, 2007
KY
hit.gif
MY TEST EGG WAS ATTACKED BY THE BIGER ONES!!!! we had them seprated but he got out and was attacked.....he can stand but has blood on his wing.....i am going to try to fix him up but dont know what to do!!!!!PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!
hit.gif

*edited title for clarity*

Last edited by a moderator:
is there any thing i should do about his wound? should i get that vitamen stuff you put in their water or what!?!??! we found him on the ground breathing but then i touched him and he stood up....my parents say to put him out of his misery but i dont think its too bad....please help! i have no clue on what yto do!!!!

First of all, calm down. We have talked about posting one after the other.

Now...describe the wound better. Is it bleeding freely? Is there an open wound? How old is the chick?
Are the others separated from him?
What have you done so far?

First, take a deep breath and pull yourself together.

Please give us more details on the wound and we can help. Usually older chickens go for the top of the head and the side of the head.

If it doesn't seem to bad you can clean it with saline solution and put antibiotic ointment on it till it heals naturally.

If it is really bad then he may need stiches.

Could you try and take a picture of the wound?

(btw terrie lacy thanks for changing that title. profanity even in "beep" form should not be allowed).

Last edited:
Post a pic of how bad it is. First thing to do is wash the wounds. Get a clear pic to see if it is broken, open wounds, etc. Then neosporin the wound if it is small. If it is large, and open, then it may need more than neosporin.

1) calm down
2) clean wounds
3) determine damage
4) treat if necessary
5) let it rest in a warm dark place

Don't panic and don't rush to judgment.

Any type of Vit & Electrolites in the water can not hurt..

CAN you get us pictures so we know what you are dealing with????

Sometimes its just a mater of calming them down cleaning and applying antibiotic ointment.
IF its not a bad injury.

Quote:
sorry...i freaked out there.....ok, hes 7 weeks, cut on top of head not that bad and on side of wing ....hes white so you can really see it.....ill try to get a pic of him....i seprated him from the silkies....should i bring him inside in a diffrent box than the silkies or just in the same one but seprated by wire?

Back
Top Bottom