Chick Ball! * Pics*

Texas Fluffy Feet

Songster
11 Years
Feb 20, 2008
Arlington, TX
My babies got spoiled to getting outside time 4 days in a row. I swear when it rained they had little droopy faces just like human kids. To entertain them DD decided to give them a new toy. She threw in a fuzzy pom pom from her craft things. It has glittery strands and the silver and golden laced girls automatically went for it. The others simply watched like they were to dignified to play.
roll.png

We had a blast watching the game of Chick ball! They have continued to play it too days later, someone randomly grabs it up and the game is on!
smile.png

Of course my kiddo decided to do this just as I was getting things ready to change the brooder litter so please forgive all the poopiness. It was to funny to wait for clean litter to take pics!

100_2422.jpg

100_2432.jpg

100_2434.jpg

I have heard alot people saying that the chicks love those little fuzzy cat toy balls - but I was always afraid of them eating a piece of it ! I guess I will have to get one and give it a try.

Julie

I always thought " cast iron stomach " came from the person who could eat my step dads chili !

ok I guess I will get them some cat toys and see how they like it.

Julie

How cute is that!!! My chicks do that with a piece of bedding! One of them will pick up a bigger piece and the rest want it. They are just like selfish little kids.

I might have to get one for my chicks too! It looks like fun!!
lol.png

Quote:
They are all standard cochins. The one you are asking about is a blue cochin. She is definitely the fluffiest one of the bunch. Everyone just loves her. I swear if a chick could bat their eyelashes and walk like Mae West this chick would be the one. She is a flirt and a half, just loves attention from everyone and is as prissy as possible. I wish I had a current pic of her alone, it's sad that pictures a week old are now outdated. Boy do they grow fast! I will take some new ones tomorrow and post them.
smile.png

I may have to go get an actual cat ball just because it would be 3 times the size of the pom pom and that much more fun to watch them try to manuever around the brooder with it!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom