Chick cannot walk, has blood in stool

Yes, I would. I am vaccinating everyone again next week. It can't hurt and it just might help!!!

If there is a history of Marek's in your flock, no chicken, no matter what the age, is safe. All it takes is a stressful situation and Marek's will take hold. The age limit doesn't hold true. It is said that chickens are immune after 25 weeks of age...but, there are many of us that will tell you that is a bunch of bunk. Vaccinate your adults, just to be safe.

Man! I just can't keep up with it all.....Just when I think I've learned something, I find out it isn't true
hmm.png

How is the chick doing? Any updates?

A little improvement; She's gotten a bit more active (shuffling herself from side to side with her wings every now and again.) Her stool has also gotten notably more solid, less discoloured, and not as smelly, I also haven't seen any blood in it (still don't feel smart for not treating for that immediately.) I started giving her a multivitamin supplement (with no iron) yesterday that has vitamin E in it, and I've been adding it to the distilled and deionized water I put in her chick-mash. Albiet this may dillute the solution a little, but it's still getting into her system nonetheless. Nothing new on the paralysis side of things, still just as immobile as when I started the thread.

Let me know if any of this sounds wrong, I'll change my approach ASAP.

Last edited:
Chick bit the dust, can't say why. I've vaccinated my flock and am running on the hopes that it wasn't anything that could have spread to them. Lock the thread, please.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom