Chick color

NoVA Chicks

Songster
10 Years
Sep 6, 2009
Falls Church, VA
I'm sure this already exists somewhere but I've looked all over and can't find it. Can someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction? I'm just looking for pics of chicks and adults to see how their colors develop.

I have a yellow chick and a blue/yellow chick that I'm assuming will be white and blue as adults?

ETA: The blue/yellow chick is my avatar and here's a picture of him with his yellow hatchmate:

22570_245138621339_764181339_4326789_7621546_n.jpg

Last edited:
What kind of chicks are they? They could both be white. It is hard to see the color on the blue/yellow one. I have seen white chicks hatch this color and turn a nice bright white. I have also seen splash and pale blues result, depending on the down color.

Oh, sorry about that. Were they MA or A3 eggs that hatched? A3 would definitely be white. MA could be blue or mottled. You can usually tell by the wing tips what color it will be, if they're getting them yet. I'll go see if I can find a pic of my white chicks in both colors for you to take a look.

eta a pic of araucana chick colors: (2 whites, blue, pale blue and black maybe mottled)

edwardsupdate002.jpg

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they were both MA eggs. Forrest, the little guy who didn't make it, was a much darker blue than Number Two, the blue/yellow guy. It's going to be so interesting to see these little guys grow up.
smile.png

ETA: Okay, I just took a closer look at Number Two's wings and he's definitely got nice bright white tips.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom