Chick colors

JacinLarkwell

Addict
Premium Feather Member
Mar 19, 2020
South-Eastern Montana
I can get better pictures of the chicks if needed, I think all 4 are different.

I can also post pictures of the possible parents if needed. I have no clue what their colorsnare though apart from one being a German

20210630_124552.jpg
20210629_220953.jpg

I’m not very good with colors yet, some other quail folks would be better…but I would have guessed 1 and 4 were Rosetta tuxes (do they have dark legs or pink/yellow legs? I just hatched a Tibetan and it’s legs are almost totally black with a black beak and the Rosetta has a yellow beak and yellow legs and the Rosetta tuxes are also yellow), and the other two are probably the Germans? I’d love to see them once they feather out more, always learning with the quail colors! :)
All have light legs, but either 1 or 4 has black spots on the skin as well. 2 is a wild type I believe, I know that much, but the pharoah and Egyptian look the same to me apart from that

I had a ton of celadon (only 2 tuxes actually and one was a male I didn't use) but they got out one day and none of those eggs are wanting to hatch unfortunately. These 4 are all from normal coturnix. The tux and the male in the red dish are both celadon so these could potentially have one gene

Yeah I can’t tell the Egyptian and Pharoah apart either. Maybe you have Tibetan tuxes as the other poster mentioned…I was told there’s a much narrower criteria for Tibetan than Rosetta…and most are Rosetta for that reason. I don’t know, but they sure are pretty! Your adult birds are too! :) wish I was more help! When they fluff out more it might be easier :) I added a couple more pics of my babies that just hatched (mainly cuz quail babies are so cute and stay this little for such a short time!). Mine are Celadons, so I was excited to get something other than the tuxedo coloring!
Oops, my Pansy Fee snuck in the pics too…disregard that one, it is not a celadon :)

I had a ton of celadon (only 2 tuxes actually and one was a male I didn't use) but they got out one day and none of those eggs are wanting to hatch unfortunately. These 4 are all from normal coturnix. The tux and the male in the red dish are both celadon so these could potentially have one gene
Oh sad! Their eggs seem to be much more sensitive to hatching in incubators. Would be nice if you got a surprise in another hatch later with some blue eggs! I really want to try adding silver coloring to my celadon layers…I have one silver male…so I’m going to be giving that a shot here in the next little while. Should be fun to try anyway! :)

Oh sad! Their eggs seem to be much more sensitive to hatching in incubators. Would be nice if you got a surprise in another hatch later with some blue eggs! I really want to try adding silver coloring to my celadon layers…I have one silver male…so I’m going to be giving that a shot here in the next little while. Should be fun to try anyway! :)
Two of my celadon males are silver, so you have some chances there too.

Back
Top Bottom