Chick days TSC

Quote:
They do here!
big_smile.png

I asked at ours, too. They said the week before Easter
rant.gif
I want chickies NOW!

Ours has ducks and chicks year round, geese in spring.
tongue2.gif
But they're like 2 hours away...

Last edited:
i just learned about chickdays this yr randomly asked feedmill while buying a waterer if i could order some chicks from them and they saide chick days in feb but i also know they get duck/chicks on easter

Last edited:
A lot of stores get the colored chicks at Easter. We were discussing this on another thread and someone said they use all roo's for the colored chicks.

Quote:
We are in greene county. As I said they are starting setup but not advertising yet for chick days. I am sure they will be in March like before but they are expecting to sell out more than last year. In the area where they setup the tubs they already have waters and light fixtures as well as feed out. These have been moved from where they are the rest of the year and are now center stage so to speak.

I just called my TSCs (the 2 within an hour of home) and they both will have chicks 'around Easter.' My favorite part was that one lady told me they will be selling reds and banties, which come in a straight run of pullets. Ummm what?

The TSC in Terre Haute, Indiana didn't get chicks until April last year. Several locals complained that it was too late for 4H and pointed out the lost market opportunity. I asked in December about delivery and the manager said that the date had been moved up but wouldn't comment on how far up. Likely they think March is early!

Our Rural King in Paris, IL had chicks by January last year. I have resisted going there so far, but the temptation is getting harder to keep in check. . .

Back
Top Bottom