chick died..only one left

Wegs813

Songster
9 Years
May 5, 2010
SE Minnesota
I incubated shipped eggs. Out of 12, 10 made it to lockdown. Only two hatched. One is thriving. The other one appeared to have intestines coming out the vent. It fought to live...was alive for about 26 hours and died last night. The one left is soo lonely...cries all the time.
I do understand the risks of shipped eggs. I blame no one. Its just sad.
There is another post about the problems I had at hatch time.

So sorry....
hugs.gif
Tuck a stuffed animal in there with it, sometimes it helps.

The same thing happen to me had 2 one had a deformity, it actually lived a week and half, I culled it when it was having trouble reaching the food and water. My poor little hoppy, a FCBM ,was all alone and would hop all over the brooder. On top the water and feeder. She was not around other chickens till she was around 4 months or so. Was even afraid of the outdoors and other chickens and would always come back to the pool in the garage. She even comes to her name when being called. She is a chicken now with friends but very noisy. To make a long story short, give the stuffed animal or feather duster and it'll so fine

Sorry for the loss. I had only one hatch befor and I posted in the wanted section and a very nice and generous member here met me and gave me a chick close to the same age. I am in PA noooo where near you, Why dont you post you would be suprize at the responce you migt get. Good luck, in the mean time put a stuffed animal in with the chick or a small mirror. best of luck.

Quote:
You should post your lonely chick thread for Wegs813. It was too cute!!!!! Love the updated pic. Glad they are doing well.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom