Day 22-23 with no air sac and weird smell

DovesFlock

Songster
Aug 31, 2023
So I can’t smell much as is but I noticed a smell in my incubator. i had a bunch of eggs that needed to hatch/were going to hatch/are going to hatch soon in here. This is my lockdown incubator. I already had 4 eggs that are going day 26 and two going on day 21 -23. I took the one that was on day 23 and candles. I don’t see a air cell and it smells kinda weird. Should I throw it out? Did the baby die in the shell?
A3B992ED-0AB1-462D-982E-1F30EAFFFFA1.jpeg

If we had seen your first post in time, many of us would have told you that by your description, the egg was rotten. In the future when you do an eggtopsy, place the egg into a zip lock baggie before you crack it open, so you won't experience the wretched smell of a rotten egg.
Well if this isn't a brilliant idea. I take mine outside and toss them on a boulder far away so it can't hit me. Then I plug my nose and go look. Usually it's just mush. I'm going to do your idea next time.

If we had seen your first post in time, many of us would have told you that by your description, the egg was rotten. In the future when you do an eggtopsy, place the egg into a zip lock baggie before you crack it open, so you won't experience the wretched smell of a rotten egg.
Ah thank you! It’s my first time hatching eggs and so I saw a bunch saying do an eggtopsy to see what went wrong. I’ll definitely try it your way next time! I simply dug a hole and put it in there then buried it after. I didn’t want it to go in the trash or anything cause of smell and I felt a little bad for the baby lol.

Back
Top Bottom