Chick feeder Dilemma

1L basic chick feeder OR 5lb dual port chick feeder

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@ghostie On the poll it said You voted the 1L. Can I ask why? (Sorry if you didn't want your answer public)
I just like the idea of a couple smaller ones so they're easy to clean and swap out regularly, especially with so few chicks. If there was a large number then I could see going the larger, more expensive route.

20210321_065812.jpg
I use creamer feeders.

I just like the idea of a couple smaller ones so they're easy to clean and swap out regularly, especially with so few chicks. If there was a large number then I could see going the larger, more expensive route.
I thought about that, but can they still use them at 5+ weeks when they start getting taller?

How does it work when there older? do they reach in from the top
No they can use these up to 6 weeks old but I have a couple 7 lbs feeders I use if I have to. Main reason inhave the larger feeders I leave for a few days at a time so I know they'll have food. But I make em larger out of bigger containers.
20210321_113630.jpg

No they can use these up to 6 weeks old but I have a couple 7 lbs feeders I use if I have to. Main reason inhave the larger feeders I leave for a few days at a time so I know they'll have food. But I make em larger out of bigger containers. View attachment 2581199
This would definitely save a lot of money... This is my first-time chicken keeping so I don't have any feeders on hand. How long do you think the feed lasts in the feeder? I leave for a couple of hours a day so I want to make sure that nothing goes wrong.

Back
Top Bottom