chick food

Stevebaz is right on with the info he suggested. He has helped me many times with many questions I emailed him about and was always very helpful!
Goodluck and enjoy your new little ones!

Quote:
This is what I do too..give them grit..even though they are out with mom, because they are in a place where there isn't much for them as grit. I like giving mom treats, but of course she always waits for them to eat first. It's so cute how she will pick up corn, beat it on the floor, or ground, then put it to the side and then one grabs it and off it goes. I put in grit a couple of times a week, mom needs it too. She also seems to be biting it a bit in her beak, then one will come and grab it out of her mouth. This is my first broody mom..and it's been fun for all of us.
Oh, and they do have the chick starter, I just have fun giving them treats at times. They are doing well now at two weeks.

Last edited:
Quote:
So Sorry, I went brain dead for a moment heatherkh and did not understand you I guess. The info I put up is good anyway and explains how a infection like Coccidiosis is so serious and devastating to an entire flock young and old. Please accept my apologies.

No worries, Steve. And yes, your info on cocci is good stuff and probably very helpful to the OP.

Back
Top Bottom